View Single Post
Old 11-20-2010, 03:14 AM   #99
chilledsanity
D&A Member

Gametype: AvD, I/D, waterpolo, hunted
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
Well I'm not sure that's the fairest comparison since I believe the infinite lock-on bug was still present back then, which would have accounted for such a huge boost (the gun would have hit you all the way across the map under the circumstances described). As for air push values v. ground push, I seem to remember those swapping between one of the version, I want to say either 1.0 and 1.1 or else 1.11 and 2.0. I thought those were separate values the whole time. If they are separate however, it seems that would make it EASIER to fix, since you wouldn't need one universal value. Though in all fairness, TFC sg's nailed you to the wall AND shredded you on both ground and air once they got a lock. I understand how it's a different engine, but I would think with separate values like that, you could emulate it with enough tweaking. 1.0 felt similar to TFC, although push may have been SLIGHTLY high, plus the tracking wasn't as good. In 2.0 the push and health was weakened, but the tracking was improved, so it was some give and take. Everything since then has been a total beatdown.

I'm still confused how this thread led to the present values however. That comment was made pre-2.0 and he's suggesting a drop of 15-25%. Between that and 2.1, (according to the changelogs) the actual change was about 92%, not 10-25. That's a big fucking difference. In 2.4 the push was boosted slightly so now the drop is "only" an 83% drop, which is still a big fucking difference.
chilledsanity is offline   Reply With Quote