Old 07-19-2010, 11:03 AM   #1
Bridget
Banned

Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: AVD
Affiliations: TALOS
Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
Which SG design do you prefer?

What design philosophy do you prefer for the Sentry Gun? This poll seems redundant given the middle option, but I can't be too sure of what people might want, and I don't want to presume what the they want, so I decided to create a poll to get actual input.

A. High Power, Low Survivability
The Sentry Gun deals huge damage and has very little survivability. It can mow down a Heavy as if he were a Scout, but when focus fired, it can easily be destroyed by a few nails from a Medic's Super Nailgun. Because of the low survivability, the Engineer becomes obligated to maintaining it and can not support it.

B. Balanced Power & Survivability
The Sentry Gun deals moderate damage with moderate survivability. It can't kill a Heavy in a fraction of a second nor does it die by a few nails. The Engineer has to dedicate equal time to maintaining his gun and supporting his gun.

C. Low Power, High Survivability
The Sentry Gun deals low supportive damage but has huge survivability. It takes a while to kill a Heavy though can easily absorb nails and fragmentation grenades with tons of health to spare. (Perhaps, it could even survive a MIRV?) The Engineer no longer has to 'babysit' his gun in this condition, instead he is freed to move around the immediate area while using its supportive fire in combination with his own.

Of course, if you have some other variation (if possible) explain in detail.

Last edited by Bridget; 07-19-2010 at 11:09 AM.
Bridget is offline   Reply With Quote