Gametype: Capture the mouse
Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by squeek. View Post
Yeah, poor people get everything!
America, where the poor are fat.

---
Innoc,

I said solar power, not solar panels, "solar" has come a long way. That 3 dollar solar landscape light at Wal-Mart is proof. However the panels have become more efficient over the years by concentrating light onto the photovoltaic cells. First 30 percent conversion in the 90s and now 40 percent. It is interesting that with all of Obamas talk on solar I find this snippit of the DOE website, lol?

Quote:
Reaching 40 percent efficiency helps further President Bush’s Solar America Initiative (SAI) goals, which aims to win nationwide acceptance of clean solar energy technologies by 2015. By then, it is intended that America will have enough solar energy systems installed to provide power to one to two million homes, at a cost of 5 to 10 cents per kilowatt/hour. The SAI is also key component of President Bush’s Advanced Energy Initiative, which provides a 22 percent increase in research and development funding at DOE and seeks to reduce our dependence on foreign sources of oil by changing the way we power our cars, homes and businesses.
ah well...
6 of the 10 richest counties in America now surround Washington D.C. Our "capitol" edged out Silicon Valley as the nation's richest metro area. Reality Distortion Field = 1. Stream the distractions: One percent, hoodies, and kony oh my.

Last edited by stray kitten; 06-23-2010 at 03:02 PM. Reason: spelling
stray kitten is offline   Reply With Quote