View Single Post
Old 06-04-2010, 05:04 AM   #36
battery
D&A Member

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
So, to summarize: I am against partial judgment of people's character and potential for the most part. We should be considering people's actual personality.
So tell us exactly how we are supposed to judge personality.

In my view, the minimum standard of personality for a job candidate are as follows:

1) Be able to discuss headline news of the day, and already have a personal opinion ready for each piece of news (How the fuck can a person initiate a casual conversation if he doesn't read the news? Where is he getting conversational topics people can relate to?)

2) Be able to give some minor compliments just by observing objects and people as the candidate is led around the office space. Also he should be able to use the compliment as a lead to ask further questions about my company( I want every subordinate of mine armed with basic flattery skill. I expect them to apply it masterfully and subtly when I bring in potential clients in the office.)

3) Crack some jokes when the right circumstance arises. (I don't wanna be working with no self-absorbed, anti-social nerds.)

4) No hang-up and no down-time when talking casually. (This requires the candidate be a good conversationalist)

5) When asked the question, "are you an introvert or extrovert?", I expect the candidate to answer "I am both introvert and extrovert because I am self-reflective but also outgoing. Being just an introvert or just an extrovert means someone needs to receive more training in the opposite area. I am skilled in both areas."

So are these personality "tests" more complete than a simple evaluation based on appearance?
________
Drug Rehab Forum

Last edited by battery; 03-31-2011 at 12:16 PM.
battery is offline   Reply With Quote