Bridget
Banned

Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: AVD
Affiliations: TALOS
Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSCUJO View Post
but i thought the whole idea was that you couldn't fight back against a sniper? here you say you can, but you can't kill the target (most times). its not those weapons jobs to kill at long range, if it was then they would all be snipers, those weapons can be used to counter a sniper. on arddvark maybe no, but 2fort and other maps they will have a good effect.
The argument has always been on balancing the ability to interact. If a Soldier can interact with me in a very limited way, then I should only be able to interact with him in a very limited way. The more he opens himself up for better interaction, the more risk he takes because my potential for interaction increases as does his. This is the range consistency. It becomes near proportionate with nine out of ten classes.

Notice, this doesn't mean the Scout should be able to own a Heavy. All this suggests is that the Scout should be able to utilize his maximum potential at the same fucking time the Heavy can, though given the way the class works, this situation would be avoided all together. If I am playing * (minus Sniper) against * (minus Sniper), given our range restrictions, we both focus on trying to win the battle at the same time. Against a Sniper, you have to focus half the time on closing the distance and preventing your early death before you even reach the point where you can persuade the fight in your favor.

My comment was on server owners. They want as many players as possible, often without regard for what's fair and what's not. Though, players are reluctant to move to other servers for many reasons. The servers they are already on provide social constructs, communities, provide familiar faces, organize stuff, and so on. Those aspects become especially fragile considering how small this community is. I'd rather get Sniped over and over on the Talos server than play Sniper-free on some lone server with nobodies.