View Single Post
Old 02-12-2010, 09:35 AM   #14
chilledsanity
D&A Member

Gametype: AvD, I/D, waterpolo, hunted
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eomoyaff View Post
Actually I do. The defense is fine. Just accept the fact that some maps are more offensively oriented then others. It's a sheer lack of skill and knowledge as to how to properly defend it.

I'm also going to take that as a sign of disrespect. It was uncalled for and I frown upon your petty remark. "Somebody doesn't play much AvD..." Please, It's as though I invented that shit, I play it so much. So do me a favor and step off my nutz, and stop assuming shit that will only make you look more illogical then what you really are, ye? kkthnx
My intention wasn't to offend, but your statement struck me as incredibly obtuse. I wasn't sure if you were beyond reason or not, hence I didn't want to explain it if you weren't.

As someone who's played hundreds of AvD games in FF I've seen the balance turn to shit. Dustbowl games that used to be down to the wire can consistently be done in 10 minutes. Cornfield rounds are over in 3-5 minutes. Ksour flies by. Avanti is a joke compared to TFC defense. And yes, there are always exceptions, but I'm looking at this over the course of time, the AVERAGES that go down. Games like dustbowl are the easiest to measure because if O wins 90% of the time, guess what, that's not balanced. It's not just that map, it's just an indicator of a larger problem. Saying maps are offense oriented doesn't mean anything when they used to work, but then the rules got changed. Granted, not every single AvD map is screwed. Basicbowl has always had crippled offense (largely in response to 2.0+ changes). The bottom half of anticitizen presents a challenge for O. Vertigo is overwhelmingly D friendly. Palermo in its current state isn't bad. Beyond that, the rest with a competent team are over in a fraction of the time they used to be.

Let's say you disagree with everything I'm saying. Fine. Let's test your own logic. You think things are currently balanced as they are. Does this mean you think TFC was unbalanced? FF in its current state has probably a dozen offense advantages over TFC. Some minor, some huge. Defense has gotten fuck all. So if you think this is balanced, logic would dictate that you think TFC was unbalanced because it had more D advantages. If so, I appreciate your consistency. If not, I think you're either delusional or unobservant as to the changes in AvD that have occurred in FF. I prefer the longer games and gradual pushes that TFC offered as opposed to the capfest that's so common in FF. You may prefer the quicker games and this is a simple difference of opinion.
chilledsanity is offline   Reply With Quote