View Single Post
Old 11-03-2009, 06:16 PM   #14
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenghisTron View Post
Has it ever occured to you Scuzzy, and other OT members, that instead of banning for swearing, that you could instead censor foul language? I frequent a forum that bans people for swearing and using obscene language, but also has a built-in swear-word filter.
Why don't you just censor the language instead of slaying several times and finally temp banning people?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenghisTron
It makes no sense. It seems to me you disprove of people's lifestyle decisions and would punish them for who they are. You could avoid much more drama, and the time it takes to review bans, unban people, argue about it, etc., if you just censored foul language. That's just me, though, maybe I'm too pragmatic...
Are you saying I can't swear?

I am mentally unable to refrain from swearing in the server when I'm playing TFC/FF/TF2, what do I do?

You are right though, it does take time to review bans. Up until recently we did not review bans, at all. If you were banned you remained banned, perm, no questions asked and no chance for an unban. The FF community asked for some leadway in that policy... we agreed to try that out for some time.

Scuzzy