View Single Post
Old 07-11-2009, 03:31 AM   #13
Bridget
Banned

Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: AVD
Affiliations: TALOS
Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
My virus scanner and Ad-Aware return that I am free from infection. Ad-Aware did not get rid of a few of the UACD* rootkits, but my virus scanner picked up on them. I tried to delete them through the program, but it failed to do so. I ended up manually deleting the files from my System folder. Now, both of my protection programs tell me that I'm infection free. However, RootRepeal continues to list UACD*.sys as a hidden service.

UACD is supposed to be the information for Account Control. Y'know, that little bastard of a prompt that asks you if you want to do this or that? The prompt that annoys the fuck out of you, by asking permission to run even the most trivial programs? Well, I disabled that when I first installed the OS back in '08, so it's useless to me. Though, I'm stuck now. Is the UACD showing in RootRepeal the real deal, infected, or a clone? Deleting those few UACD files in System has turned Security Alerts from Windows off. Maybe it was legitimate? Goddamn, this is such an annoyance.

In an odd way, when you're infected and get spammed with advertisements, your browsers act in weird ways, and it's only blatantly obvious that you're infected; You're in a good situation. Again, it's obvious you're infected. Here I am, without any sign telling me if I'm infected or not. I guess not. I'll just go about my business. FUCK EVERYTHING.

If all else fails, I'll probably have to buy a new hard drive. Yeah, that bad.
FUCK FPSBanana.
Bridget is offline   Reply With Quote