View Single Post
Old 06-23-2009, 08:35 PM   #40
Hammock
D&A Member

Posts Rated Helpful 13 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hlstriker View Post
Hammock I thought of this too, but it won't work for offence. The reason being is instead of team work to cap a flag, each person will care too much about their personal rank and hog the flag for themselves. That's why I simply said give the winning team a point.

Maybe even give each player a point for showing up/finishing the match. This idea really isn't perfect, but I still think it would be more fun than what leagues are at it's current state.
Ya, but if it's gonna be personal there's gotta be extra stats involved, they don't nescessarily have to effect an overall rank, but showing stats like that on the site is always fun for people. Could still do what you said and award points to each person on the team for a win and use that as the true ranking system (still being an individual ranking system, since clans would be done away with), but a multitude of different stats and meaningless awards keeps us entertained more.

Hell you could have an award called "Flag whore"

Quote:
lol i love you bananahammock you speak so highly of my friend exo
I just calls it as I sees it.

On that note, we also need an award for Killu "TK King"

*Edit* I'm not sure how picking the teams and guaranteeing everyone gets to play atleast once or twice a week would work. But since the teams are randomly picked each week it also means the teams and games can be far more dynamic, so you can do a combination of CTF, AVD, even waterpolo/bball..etc and setup the team sizes on the fly.

One week it's ctf so assign 4v4 teams, next week could be AvD so make the teams 6v6 or 7v7, and (hypothetically) make a 10v10/11v11 waterpolo match

Last edited by Hammock; 06-23-2009 at 08:43 PM.
Hammock is offline   Reply With Quote