Thread: PCI express 2.0
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2009, 06:59 PM   #18
Demasu
Official FF Medic

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenday5494 View Post
well, the reason he is letting me borrow it is because his comp's broke. he said his dad threw his comp.... or something. but his vid card CPU and PSU were intact. And i knew that it should automatically downclock itself if it's a 2.0 card on a 1.1 slot. and my 8800GT i think (kinda a guess here) is a 2.0, and im not 100 percent sure about my slot. The card GETS power, evident by the fans spinning up and down. also, he randomly takes off his 4850X2's fans (while off ofc) too look at the GPUs themselves for some reason. I think that would fuck with the thermal paste, no?

anyways, thanks for the help.

and i know that it's not true that you need to 'enable' 1.1 mode on the card for it to work.
Wait, wait, wait. His dad allegedly threw his computer? If that's true, and the card isn't working, I'd start to suspect some hardware failure. If you have a spare computer lying around, that you know is good, try the video card in it. If it works, you're probably SOL, at least for now, and if it doesn't, then we know it's not just your computer.

...and you wonder why I love doctors.
Demasu is offline   Reply With Quote