View Single Post
Old 01-22-2009, 10:13 PM   #156
chilledsanity
D&A Member

Gametype: AvD, I/D, waterpolo, hunted
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by squeek
Then the SG is perfectly balanced. What you said is exactly the current situation. The skill of the team determines the effectiveness of the SG, and it doesn't "lean" either way. Seriously.
This has not been my experience in 2.1 whatsoever. One good soldier can dominate against sg's with his teammates attacking him at the same time. As for keeping it up, it seems to take quite a few teammates to stop one good player from taking out an sg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeek
Also, everyone please stop playing CTF on public servers. Just stop it.
I have, but that kind of amounts to me stopping FF altogether. My experience in pubs lately has been you'll have a rotation of a couple AvD or fun maps and a lot of CTF ones. What's starting to suck however is as soon as a non-CTF map comes up you'll start seeing waves of "rtv" and it often gets changed. I'm just speculating here, but I think the majority of the remaining playerbase only prefers CTF and the overall playerbase isn't large enough to have a group doing only AvD or funmaps only. It's been making me think about stopping FF entirely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Credge
The SG DOES require team work to take out if there is even one person besides the engineer defending it.
You might want to clarify what gametype you're talking about. It takes about 3+ people to stop me from taking out an sg as a lone soldier (in pretty much any pub game except vertigo).
chilledsanity is offline   Reply With Quote