View Single Post
Old 07-13-2005, 08:30 AM   #1
o_azlan

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
mortality update: first screenshots

While the map is far from finished details-wise, I've completed all of the basic brushwork of the original map. I've begun creating new concepts (mostly athestics, only slight changes in map design) for the map, which I will reveal once I am happy with the updates.

For now, consider that the lighting isn't close to being finished, as I haven't figured out what route to go with it yet. The hanging lights in the main ramp room are replacements for the old textured lights that wildfire used in the original. From what it looks like, he wanted to use hanging lights, but because of the original game engine, he couldn't. I'm open to suggestion about the lighting and would like to hear some ideas on something other than a spot_light for hanging lights. Will just a light ent work enough? Can you use one with a hanging prop?

I've purposely decided not to show the parts of the map that I am not happy with yet. I just wanted to give those who might be interested a few screenshots to feast upon. I've been working on the map for little under a month now and I anticipate finishing it within the next month.

Here are Dev Textured Screenshots by request:

o_azlan is offline   Reply With Quote