View Single Post
Old 06-16-2005, 11:42 AM   #30
o_ginger lord

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Etzell
1 suggestion: name it like the TFC version. I'm a stickler aboot that. :-p
I only named it different (although correct in the UK) because someone else had stated they were doing a remake first, but I have not heard anything back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerm
you should do something like this so that when people walk on the rubble they still go up, or whatever
You can still walk on the main rubble, just the little/medium (anything about a foot wide) is non solid. It sounds odd but trying firing when constantly going up and down over little chunks, getting stuck etc. I may add some small clip brushes in some areas to stop people crouching in larger areas and becoming pretty hidden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don
The only (small) alteration I suggest you make is remove some of the window textures. They are repeated too much, which takes away some of the realism - the glass is cracked in the same pattern for each pair. Not that the game is meant to be realistic, but there is a harsh contrast between the attention to realistic detail in some areas of the map (say the rubble and fire by cap point) and the the lack of realistic detail in others (noticable window texture repetition esp. at cap point).
I have reversed some of the window textures and removed others to make it less obvious, shall also add scorch decals later to cover some up.

re: conc jumping issues:

Its hard to get a balance between conc jumpable everywhere and having a good VIS to block line of sight etc. What there is at the moment is none of the exterior buildings (the buildings on the edge of the playable area) are able to be jumped over. Also the main ruined building either side of the bridge is also not able to be conc jumped over or over walls internally. However the roof section in there is quite high so you wont just go up a storey and hit an invisible wall. However, everything else should be able to be blasted over.

The reason I've limited conc jumping, purely for mapping reasons. The big buildings are what keeps the LOS down and the FPS up. I could make the whole thing able to jumped over if you all dont mind playing with 5fps :P
o_ginger lord is offline   Reply With Quote