View Single Post
Old 01-02-2008, 04:13 PM   #1
Innoc
Hitman 2 1 Actual

Gametype: FPS or RTS (just say NO to MMO)
Affiliations: Your Mom
Posts Rated Helpful 8 Times
Send a message via ICQ to Innoc Send a message via AIM to Innoc Send a message via MSN to Innoc Send a message via Yahoo to Innoc
Who's still choosing XP over Vista?

Hey, bitch about it if you like but here's a piece from ZDNET about who's actually continuing to choose XP over Vista.

Ed Bott blog on ZDNET

This isn't surprising to me given the desire, by IT managers, to keep their support field as stable and homogenized as possible.

Quote:
But I stumbled on an unexpected source of data that has helped me get a much better picture on what the actual numbers might be like. As it turns out, Dell has published a large database of information about its current inventory for anyone to see, and I was able to sift through it to form some surprising conclusions about the current relationship between XP and Vista in the PC marketplace. The short version: Consumers have embraced Vista overwhelmingly, whereas small business is much more reluctant, preferring XP by a better than 2-to-1 margin.

You eventually run out of other people's money to spend.
Innoc is offline   Reply With Quote