View Single Post
Old 09-15-2007, 02:35 PM   #15
Owoc
natural selection player

Class/Position: alien (fade), marine (comm)
Gametype: classic ns
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
The flagroom got an overhaul. Less "squarish", and more alchimy-ish. WIP.

The blue mini-resupply isn't visible here because I haven't added it yet, and the doorway to the upper level isn't visible because I haven't even added the upper level yet. I got rid of the beams supporting the flag catwalk and will probably "support" it using ropes/cables instead, because when people are being blocked by beams in the middle of the flag room life sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihmhi
Also, would you be terribly against lowering the rafters in the flag room? A skilled solly or demo could get up there, but if there was a bit more room to move around they would make for a great internal defense.

Oh, and on top of that, if SGs could be put up there that would be awesomesauce.
Something like this? This is sketchy atm, the platform would have to be moved to allow the SG to actually target anything down there, but you get the picture. Also, should I add a lift/ladder or force players to rely on *insert explosive device here*-jumping?

A question to the veterans: what's the optimal water depth for water conc jumping?

Also, MorZar, the original author, wrote the following:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorZar
When alchimy was released for tfc, it was quite enjoyed (especially the flagroom and basement), but there was a little problem due to the fact that the flagroom was too close of the yard, making it a "full of spam area", which lead to using Hwguys and a 5 people defence (which is not wanted,4vs4 is always better)

Maybe there's a little work to do here, just optimizing these areas so the balance off/def is respected! ff_alchimy just looks nice!
Any thoughts on whether and how the layout should be tweaked to address the issue?
Owoc is offline   Reply With Quote