Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Projects > Fortress Forever > Feature

Round (1,2,3) indicator for maps that have multiple rounds Issue Tools
issueid=393 06-09-2012 05:36 PM
Nade Whore
Round (1,2,3) indicator for maps that have multiple rounds

For time limit increasing maps like Palermo, some sort of indication of what round you are in would be nifty to have instead of the time just increasing every time the teams switch and people just wondering why the map keeps changing the time limit and wondering if the map will ever end.

A nice hud addition displaying Round 1, Round 2 and Last Round could be useful.
Issue Details
Issue Type Feature
Project Fortress Forever
Category General Game
Status Implemented
Priority 5 - Medium
Suggested Version Undefined
Implemented Version (none)
Votes for this feature 1
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

06-10-2012 03:25 AM

It does tell you on the HUD when it's the final round. If time is being added to the clock, that generally means that the next time red team attacks, it's the final round (unless they are very quick rounds).

The system I have now runs as many rounds as it needs to come close to the server's time limit, while still giving both teams equal opportunities to attack. If I could, I would hide the map timer, and just call it "overtime" while the last rounds are being played.
06-10-2012 05:12 AM
Nade Whore

Yeah I'm just saying have an indicator somewhere constantly on the hud that shows the round you're in because what if you come into the last round after the last round message appeared? No clue what round it is or even if there are rounds in the first place.
06-10-2012 06:39 AM

It says "FINAL ROUND" on the hud constantly if a round starts less than 5 minutes before the map would normally change (the server's default mp_timelimit).

A map could last 2 rounds or 20, depending on the server's map length and the speed at which captures occur. So I don't see how counting them could really help, though it could be easily done. The real confusion, I think, comes from adding time to the map timer. Unfortunately, I can't stop the timer, nor can I stop the map from changing when it runs out, so adding time to it is all I can do.
06-11-2012 05:11 AM

Ok, this is done. One round consists of both teams taking a turn attacking. FINAL ROUND displays if blue team starts attacking with <10 minutes until the original mp_timelimit.