Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Projects > Fortress Forever > Feature

Separating voice channels / Make it so unrelated sounds shouldn't block other high(er) priority sounds Issue Tools
issueid=164 05-01-2009 03:03 AM
Time Lord, Doctor
Separating voice channels / Make it so unrelated sounds shouldn't block other high(er) priority sounds
Would be nice to see a few more sound channels for specific voice comms

Medic/Engineer Calls should most certainly have their own channel as taking damage / burning overrides a medic call and thus does not get played at all.

Damage/Burning should probably be on its own as well just because then it shouldn't interfere with anything else that has yet to be noticed.

VOX and Announcer should be if not already on a separate channel from all player related sounds. This is an issue seen in TF2 (and possibly FF as well) where the popup voice menu taunts/sounds/comms don't play if the announcer is presently speaking.
Issue Details
Issue Type Feature
Project Fortress Forever
Category Sound
Status Suggested
Priority 6
Suggested Version 2.4
Implemented Version (none)
Votes for this feature 2
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

05-01-2009 07:24 PM
Slayer of humans

I wouldn't mind if the sound over the mic didn't change when you dropped into the water, sometimes it can be very hard to hear someone and then when the water effect takes over they can be nearly impossible to make out.
05-02-2009 09:28 AM
A Very Sound Guy!

i'll look into this and see what's possible. i saw something in the scripts a bit like this.
05-04-2009 04:10 PM
Time Lord, Doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwarsbane
I wouldn't mind if the sound over the mic didn't change when you dropped into the water, sometimes it can be very hard to hear someone and then when the water effect takes over they can be nearly impossible to make out.
Yea I've always thought this odd that Source engine forces all sounds to be drowned out in water regardless of what the developers wanted.