Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Projects > Fortress Forever > Feature

First Person Visual Effects for Movement Issue Tools
issueid=443 11-01-2014 04:45 PM
First Person Visual Effects for Movement
I would like to see the movement of FF further enhanced visually.

So one of FF's strongest gameplay values is its movement. The fast paced bhopping conc'ing elements.

However I think there should be a moving/swaying/impacted effect that reflects your players various movements across the map even into the air ;). It would be an excellent visual gameplay tweak if it looked like your body was really taking impact when running / moving.

This could be achieved by having the gun/arm model sway back and forth and be impacted during movement. In 2.46 the model moves when you hold still lol, but not when moving! :)

It should not affect aim. Crosshair doesn't move unless mouse moves. I just think it should show a swaying effect or something so it doesn't seem as if you are just sliding in first person when you press forward.

It could be adjusted speed wise for every class, HW's sways are slow where scouts are fast and rapid. The icing on the cake would be making the sways of the arm / gun model reflect and match the footsteps and movement... That would be amazing.
Issue Details
Issue Type Feature
Project Fortress Forever
Category Unknown
Status Suggested
Priority Unknown
Suggested Version 2.46
Implemented Version (none)
Votes for this feature 0
Votes against this feature 1
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

11-01-2014 06:39 PM
Nade Whore

Speaking of the conc effects, some newer players find it dizzying when they have Blurred Vision and Increased FOV when moving fast enabled. Can these be disabled by default?
11-01-2014 08:31 PM
Stuff Do-er

Quote:
Originally Posted by KubeDawg
Speaking of the conc effects, some newer players find it dizzying when they have Blurred Vision and Increased FOV when moving fast enabled. Can these be disabled by default?
Those have been disabled by default for years.
11-01-2014 08:37 PM
Nade Whore

Ah, k cool.
11-02-2014 03:16 PM

i think just the gun model and arm really need to move and sway... Is it possible? I think it would be really cool if they could also be in sync with the footsteps adhering the audio and visual aspects of ff movement together. Thanks for side railing my thread moto ;).

We could draw from how cs go's models sway and bounce and lift slowly into an aiming position when one goes from moving to a standstill?

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue