Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Projects > Fortress Forever > Feature

Give Sniper my Electrical Grenade Issue Tools
issueid=421 02-23-2013 02:26 AM
Give Sniper my Electrical Grenade

Do you guys remember my 10th class idea post and that it had the idea of an entirely new class + custom grenade?

Why not give the Sniper class my Electrical Grenade idea?

I know he hasn't had a grenade since QWTF and that was just a flare.....

Electrical Grenade - hurts enemy for 80 damage but depletes armor by %50 and slows enemy down for only 2-3 seconds
Issue Details
Issue Type Feature
Project Fortress Forever
Category Classes (Scout/Engineer/etc)
Status Suggested
Priority 7 - Med/Low
Suggested Version Undefined
Implemented Version (none)
Votes for this feature 0
Votes against this feature 4
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

02-23-2013 02:45 AM
Nade Whore

02-23-2013 05:35 PM

that either means you hate the idea or you wanna blow my brain up
02-23-2013 08:00 PM

It's a terrible idea.
02-26-2013 09:52 PM

how so?
03-04-2013 11:34 PM
Boss 4 all da rite reasons

My bad squeek you're right.

Instead of being a troll, why not give him actual reasons why u think its a bad idea?
03-05-2013 02:24 PM

because the sniper should not be good at close ranges. He's already got the ability to run away like a faggot with his 3rd highest movespeed in the game, legshots, and typically sitting right outside his spawn. Giving him another grenade that shits all over the heavy classes (the only ones that are realistically going to be killing him in the first place), and cement his ability to walk away laughing, is a terrible idea.

the sniper is already bad enough. he doesn't need anything else.
03-15-2013 06:26 PM

should not maybe its a step in the right direction make the sniper more close range making him actually apart of the battle. as he is now the greande might be overpowered as shit but if he were redesigned perhaps not.

(eventually hes gonna get a revamp.)

as of now adding it to the sniper right now is a bad idea.
03-17-2013 02:50 AM

I have a few ideas that might help:
First of all, here are my gripes with snipers in general whether it's in FF, TFC, TF2 or any other game. Any server can have a great game in progress and then someone starts sniping and it completely screws up the flow in a matter of minutes. The sniper has the ability to disrupt the flow of both the map and the teamplay with little to no effort. It's nearly impossible to "avoid" a sniper that is playing the central or neutral area of the map. Even if the sniper just takes pot shots to radio tag the player. Another issue is that you tend to see them walking around with their rifle scoped in and fully charged which completely negates a cloaked spy. Snipers aren't supposed to be front line of a battle, they should be playing from somewhere outside the base where they:
1.) can't run and hide
2.) have to be tactful in what shots they choose to take
3.) and their primary threat is an opposing sniper, or other indirect attact (nade, pipe, rocket)
</rant>
Here's what I'd like to see the sniper evolve to:
-less health and armor (snipers should never be in a cqb unless it's with an enemy that has seeked them out)
-maybe make it so that snipers can only get ammo by returning to spawn, or by someone dropping packs.
-they can only get health and or armor by a medic or engy (no more ducking into spawn to try avoiding getting killed)
-rework some of the maps so that there are ways to circumnavigate where snipers are
- and last of all, fix it so that they can't detect a cloaked spy by sweeping their charged rifle.

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue