Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Projects > Fortress Forever > Bug

+attack2 function does not work properly Issue Tools
issueid=398 06-28-2012 03:18 AM
Nade Whore
+attack2 function does not work properly
Effects classes that use the Radial Menu as well as Soldier

Whether bound to a key or to a mouse button, using the +attack2 function sometimes does not work.

It's random, but here's what happens: (my +attack2 is currently bound to my mouse2 button)

As a Soldier, if I right-click to switch between my SShotty and my Rocket Launcher, more often than not, it will switch right back to the gun I had out initially. Example: RPG is out, I right-click, it switches to my SShotty and then immediately back to my RPG.

The same thing happens with classes like the Spy or Engineer where if you hold right click to disguise or build a SG, it exits the radial menu while you are still holding the key down.

I've seen this happen in previous versions of FF as well. Maybe it's the same issue?
Issue Details
Project Fortress Forever
Category General Game
Status Unconfirmed
Priority 3
Affected Version Undefined
Fixed Version (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 1
Users unable to reproduce bug 2
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

12-29-2012 08:49 PM
Stuff Do-er

These are two separate issues.

The detpack menu is only called from the detpack weapon slot, and therefore doesn't have anything to do with +attack2. I looked into fixing it, but it'd essentially require a rewrite of the entire buildable building code (the problem is that the client isn't aware of if he's building or not until the server tells them, which screws up the "is building" checks in the detpack weapon slot when you have ping)

The +attack2 menu I haven't had much problem with, although I don't use it for much of anything. I don't use +attack2 to weapon switch while HW/soli either, but I don't remember that being a problem. Might want to look into it, though.
12-29-2012 09:08 PM
Nade Whore

Ah ok. I'll try to get a demo of the attack2 issue, as it happens every time I play.

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue