Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Projects > Fortress Forever > Bug

Field of view stuck Issue Tools
issueid=344 06-24-2011 11:34 PM
Everyones favorite FreaK
Field of view stuck
Field of view was stuck to a certain value and my entire vision was warped, could not fix.

I've just went on FF for the first time tonight and I noticed as soon as I joined that my field of view was completely messed up, everything was warped outwards.

I tried different fov values and nothing changed, I tried the default_fov and default_fov 120 as the console recommended. Restarted FF, then steam, then my PC, and still nothing changed, tried to fix it for about 40 minutes then gave up.

It's never happened before and strangely this first time ever came after I downloaded and played TF2 :/ sabotage much?, sure it's just a coincidence though.

Not sure if this is directly FF related or just a steam problem, but I'm reinstalling Fortress Forever now to see if a fresh install fixes it, because I've had other problems bar that one with my copy of FF, and I'd rather apply 2.42 to a fresh install.

Just letting you know incase anyone else comes across it, made judging depth very hard.
Issue Details
Project Fortress Forever
Category Visuals
Status Not a Bug
Priority 6
Affected Version 2.41
Fixed Version (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 1
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

06-24-2011 11:42 PM
Stuff Do-er

Never heard of that happening. Might want to check autoconfig.cfg and config.cfg in your FortressForever/cfg/ folder for any default_fov lines.
06-24-2011 11:47 PM
Everyones favorite FreaK

I was too impatient, I deleted my entire FF folder, then realised I didn't have the 2.41 installation file on my PC, so downloading now. I'll let you know if it persists, if it turns out to be a steam problem I'll probably just reinstall steam and all of my games which will take up all day tomorrow :(

Well, that's if google can't help me with a fix if it is a steam problem.
06-25-2011 01:47 AM
internet user

if it continues happening it might be worth trying deleting steam stuff from the registry and then restarting steam. i had similar issue with old settings getting stuck
06-25-2011 02:00 AM
Everyones favorite FreaK

It's ok now, I reinstalled Fortress Forever and everything is back to normal, and it feels like it's running better than ever. My FF folder was nearing 4gb before deletion, compared to the 1.8gb now. So I accumulated a lot of things over the past year or two since my last install. And I never record demos or anything.

I'll just need to download custom maps again upon entering a server. Which is no big deal.

Thanks for the replies though.

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue