Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Projects > Fortress Forever > Bug

Server crashes from SG sabatoge Issue Tools
issueid=414 01-20-2013 10:07 PM
Nade Whore
Server crashes from SG sabatoge

I am sure most are aware of this by now, but I figured it'd be a good idea to post about it to continue to increase awareness until it is fixed. The hotfix I downloaded did not fix this issue in my server.

It doesn't happen all the time when a SG is sabbed, but enough to where it's an issue.
Issue Details
Project Fortress Forever
Category Classes (Scout/Engineer/etc)
Status Fixed
Priority 5 - Medium
Affected Version Undefined
Fixed Version Next Release
Users able to reproduce bug 2
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

01-20-2013 10:24 PM

Yeah it's definately not all the time. Eraser sabbed my SG and disp last night. I'm wondering if there's something else, that if it happens during a sab, the combo causes a crash. Idk.
01-20-2013 11:42 PM

Yeah, I have seen sabotages where the server remains intact, and others where the server goes down immediately afterwards.
01-21-2013 06:30 AM
Stuff Do-er

Give me mdmps!
01-21-2013 05:12 PM
Nade Whore

mildsclan.com/Desktop.7z

I think a crash also occurred after something happened with a Jump pad but I can't be sure about that one. It would be in one of these MDMPS though.
01-21-2013 06:35 PM
worst ff player eu

Quote:
Originally Posted by KubeDawg
I think a crash also occurred after something happened with a Jump pad but I can't be sure about that one.
The issue with the Jump Pad is when one is killed by an SG. I think that ALWAYS causes a crash however, unlike the sabotage... (I've done it myself twice D:)
02-01-2013 06:47 PM
Nade Whore

Yeah, this issue only happens when a sabotaged Sentry Gun kills any buildable such as a dispenser, sentry gun or jump pad. As long as none of those are in its vicinity, you can sab a SG as much as you wish and it works fine.

EDIT: This does not happen ONLY when the gun is sabotaged. SG is built, a nearby enemy jump pad gets destroyed by it, server crash.

So it's any instance of a SG destroying another buildable that crashes.
02-03-2013 01:07 PM
Gets tickled by FF

just did a sabbed sg locking onto its dispenser and it crashed - wasn't even a shot fired
02-04-2013 02:45 AM

Posting this to help you guys clear up the problem, in my experience with different crashes.

I have successfully sabotaged an idle gun and it doesn't matter what the gun destroys it does not crash.

The only time i run into crashes is when i activate the sabotage while the gun has a lock of any kind, after it plays the lock on sound. This happens to be on servers that have already deployed the supposed fix.

On servers without the fix, i.e. newer servers or pubs sentry sabotage crashes server randomly regardless of sentry state.

On servers with the fix, crash only occurred for me after the sentry has a lock, like waiting to activate when it locks onto a team mate.

Frankly it'll be a long while before i possibly care about weather or not this got fixed, but i ran controlled tests and recorded findings during pickups as well, figured I'd lend my findings.

Good luck to you guys.
02-23-2013 10:31 PM
Stuff Do-er

Quote:
Originally Posted by KubeDawg
mildsclan.com/Desktop.7z

I think a crash also occurred after something happened with a Jump pad but I can't be sure about that one. It would be in one of these MDMPS though.
Sorry for the late reply, but all these were crashes that are fixed in the hotfix dlls. It might appear that you have have the hotfix dll on your server, but it looks like you don't.

2.46 should fix these crashes, though. I need to get it released ASAP.

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue