Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Projects > Fortress Forever > Feature

Random Suggestions Issue Tools
issueid=194 07-30-2009 10:39 AM
Banned
Random Suggestions

1. Sound indicator for when hitting enemy (a la Quake3)
  2. EMPS do damage to armor instead of hp
  3. Add team glow over player models when being healed
  4. Thicken infected particles or add green glow over them
  5. player:AddGlow(name, color, duration) and player:RemoveGlow(name)
  6. player:EmitSound() .. if not already available?
  7. IsFrozen() to return value
  8. SetClassName(team, class, name) .. DO IT. No excuses.
  9. Team colored rail beam, sniper dot, nade trails, mg tracers, etc
  10. Give SG some push
  11. Visual indicator for when hitting dispenser (flashes team color like SG)
  12. No more "Help I'm infected" interrupted by coughing
  13. Increase reload speed for single shotgun (for all classes or Scout only?)
  14. Get rid of sniper rifle, give sniper railgun. Buff him up. Make him a close/medium range class.
  15. Sabotage jump pads. Could throw people in a random direction or blow up in their face when they try to use it, or even just.. not work at all. When sabotaged, the jump pad can not be destroyed until it naturally expires.
Issue Details
Issue Type Feature
Project Fortress Forever
Category General Game
Status Rejected
Priority 10 - Lowest
Suggested Version Undefined
Implemented Version (none)
Votes for this feature 2
Votes against this feature 1
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

07-30-2009 01:20 PM
Title title title title

"Help I'm infected!" gets interrupted by pain, coughing isn't used.
07-31-2009 06:15 AM
Community Member

Ya the coughing sounds are pretty cool, would be cool if they could be put in... with the gas nade? Gas release from rock2?
07-31-2009 10:54 AM
FF Loremaster

In regards to 14, a few of us recommended that the sniper be changed to a medium range in base character. Some discussion went about, some suggestions were made, but it didn't get anywhere.

Lots of opposition to that.
08-01-2009 12:08 AM

Believe it or not I agree with all of these, especially 9 and 14.
Hope at least one of them gets in. D:
08-01-2009 03:25 PM
Banned

More suggestions:
  1. Gas Grenades should not hurt their owners..
  2. Medics should only be able to heal infection with medkit, not the packs.
  3. Infection should begin with weak damage and work its way up.
  4. Infection should have a duration. Maximum 10 seconds.
  5. When standing next to an infected player, you should take damage. Depending upon how close you are, the damage is small or moderate. The damage works for both your team and the enemy. So, if you're running around with a few digits of health left, you might be able to run alongside an enemy or two and grab a kill for fun. Maybe even kill the Medic who infected you? This should be the replacement for infection spreading. Why remove a feature of the game because players grief with it? What about the legitimate players who used it? Admins are there for a reason. Engineer can detonate friendly Demoman's pipes with an EMP. You can grief with that, so should we remove EMPS?
  6. Which leads me to my next suggestion: Prevent EMPS from blowing up friendly pipes. EMPs should only use the ammunition the enemy puts out.
  7. When Medic dies, his remaining cells should be converted to medpacks and then tossed in random directions from his body.
  8. Medpacks should last longer. After so many seconds, the Medic should be able to pick the medpack back up to refresh cells.
  9. Dispensers should contain infinite armor and ammo. Only cells should be regenerated.
  10. Custom death icon for backstabs
  11. When zoomed in, the Sniper Rifle should charge automatically without having to hold down M1. The only time you can hold the mouse button down to charge is when zoomed out.
  12. Get rid of the laser for Sniper. Add a scope that cuts the Sniper's vision to the sides. When the sniper fires, there should be 'heat-wave' effect in the air (a la Battlefield Heroes but more realistic) that gives a general idea of where he is, before it slowly fades away.
  13. Get rid of legshots or radio tag. One or the other. Take a vote. Sniper doesn't need a dozen special abilities when he has the most powerful weapon in the game.
  14. Drop Pyro's armor down to match Demoman. Taking 4 rockets = bullshit
  15. Make the tommy gun randomly spawn (5% chance of it spawning per round) at one of a dozen random locations in ff_Hunted. This is just for novelty and fun. Trust me, hunted can get pretty fucking annoying.
08-01-2009 05:00 PM
Title title title title

IMO Snipers should not recieve 50 radio tag assist points.
08-04-2009 01:15 AM
Stuff Do-er

A few of these (or a variation of them) are already in 2.4.

For example: backstab death icon (and other more accurate death icons), a visual (not sound) hit indicator (crosshair based, can be customized in Fortress Options).

A few others are on a list of things we want to do (glowing obviously, but we might wait for OB for that).
08-04-2009 01:20 AM
Stuff Do-er

Just posted the new death notice icons on the ol' Twitter.

http://twitter.com/FortressForever/status/3115463341
08-04-2009 01:30 PM
Title title title title

That upper right one looks to me like a conc.
08-04-2009 02:39 PM
NeoNL

it is a conc
08-04-2009 03:38 PM
Title title title title

Yep.
08-07-2009 09:01 PM
if(0>1){printf("broked");}

These are great suggestions
08-13-2009 02:35 AM
Devil Dog

I just got done having a crowbar war with mental error (mE'), with lightsaber skinned crowbar, and i got that idea of clashing crowbars. Like, when you and someone else swing their crowbars simultaneously they clash together, and throw a few sparks and make a sound.
Also, i think rockets and nails should do the same thing.
please post you're opinion on my idea.
08-18-2009 03:42 AM
Banned

1. On screen timer for demoman only showing when his detpack will go off.
  2. ^ Above or just show an icon on screen to remind the demo he has a detpack set
  3. ^ Above or announce to the demoman "Your detpack has been defused!" when defused by a Scout.
  4. Hud number showing number of yellow pipes currently set: "*/8"
08-18-2009 03:53 AM
Stuff Do-er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridget
  1. On screen timer for demoman only showing when his detpack will go off.
  2. ^ Above or just show an icon on screen to remind the demo he has a detpack set
  3. ^ Above or announce to the demoman "Your detpack has been defused!" when defused by a Scout.
  4. Hud number showing number of yellow pipes currently set: "*/8"
Planned (along with similar things for all classes).
08-18-2009 08:30 AM
Banned

Also, Scout's jump pad needs a timer.
08-18-2009 08:32 PM
Stuff Do-er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridget
Also, Scout's jump pad needs a timer.
That's what I was talking about when I said similar things for all classes.
08-19-2009 05:32 AM

lol wow, you would think bridget was a psychic
08-19-2009 03:09 PM
Banned

• Spy should gain the ability to aim the Engineer's sentry gun when it is sabotaged, for lulz.
  • Sabotaged sentry guns should not fire on the spy who has it sabotaged (passive).
  • Passively sabotaged dispensers should quickly take away ammo as well as armor, filling the dispenser. Imagine an Engineer who mistakenly fills his dispenser full of ammo then getting blown to bits? Spy-assisted suicide.
  • Pressing the sabotage button in the spy menu or with a bind ("sabotagesentry") while mousing over an enemy should prioritize that enemy when the sabotage kicks in. Say there's a heavy guarding the flag, but the sentry would fire on the Engineer that is closer first. Well, you could aim at the heavy, sabotage the gun, and it would spin and try to take him out first.
  • Never seen it happen, but a sabotaged dispenser should damage every team member, not just the engineer who owns it. I've detted a fully stocked dispenser next to a Pyro, and he just flew away unharmed.. D:?
  • Heavy's Assault Cannon should start off with a small spread with low damage. The longer he fires the weapon, the larger the spread gets as the damage increases.
  • Mouse2 to spin barrels of assault cannon for ready?
08-20-2009 08:28 AM
Stuff Do-er

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue