Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Projects > Fortress Forever > Feature

Class Balancing ideas Issue Tools
issueid=442 07-07-2014 09:30 PM
Nade Whore
Class Balancing ideas
Limit class choices either based on # of people connected to the server or on the # of already chosen classes.

Instead of limiting a user from selecting a particular character in FF via a server or map config, what if it limited the class by the number of people connected to a server?

For example, say I have a 2 engineer limit on my server. That means no matter how many people in the server, from 2 to 20, you will have access to 2 engineers per team.

But if it were limited by the number of people in the server, it could be made so if there are less than say 5 people on your team, it would only allow 1 engineer. When it hits a certain threshold, such as 6 people on the team, a 2nd engineer class could then be allowed to choose from.

Or, it could even be made so that each type of defensive class would need to be picked before selecting a 2nd type of any class. So if there's 3 people on defense, one soldier, one demo and one HW guy, before you could select soldier, demo or HW guy again, a 4th person on the team would have to choose engineer. Obviously the values could be messed around with so you could allow 2 of each class at first, but you get the point.

This would help preventing a whole team from going all engineers or all HW guys or any other class and help keep a good balance in the game.

I don't know if this is a good idea or not, but I figured it was worth mentioning. Anyway, if only 1 idea out of 100 is good, then it's worth coming up with the other 99 ideas.
Issue Details
Issue Type Feature
Project Fortress Forever
Category Classes (Scout/Engineer/etc)
Status Suggested
Priority 5 - Medium
Suggested Version 2.46
Implemented Version (none)
Votes for this feature 2
Votes against this feature 3
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

07-08-2014 04:13 PM
I like Ceyx

sounds good to me
07-08-2014 08:17 PM
I like to spam binds

soudns good to me
07-08-2014 08:23 PM

snouds good to me
07-09-2014 05:12 AM
I like Ceyx

no it doesn't
07-09-2014 11:52 AM

no it dosen't
07-11-2014 07:24 PM

When I pub, I play to mess around and kill shit. Couldn't care less about defending. If I'm forced to play engy or something I'd rather play a pickup.

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue