Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Projects > Fortress Forever > Feature

Ready Up option to replace Prematch for pickups Issue Tools
issueid=389 05-27-2012 08:41 PM
Nade Whore
Ready Up option to replace Prematch for pickups

This would allow all users to hit an option that will set them to a Ready status, eliminating the need for a Prematch option.

It's simple, you join a pickup and instead of having the default Prematch countdown, have a menu pop up allowing every user to Ready Up, and then an indication to let people know everyone is ready, then a 3 second countdown for the match to start.

If a specific user does not Ready Up within a specified amount of time, it could give them a warning to respond before a sub user request would be initiated.
Issue Details
Issue Type Feature
Project Fortress Forever
Category General Game
Status Suggested
Priority 5 - Medium
Suggested Version Undefined
Implemented Version (none)
Votes for this feature 4
Votes against this feature 2
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

05-28-2012 03:45 PM

while i think all of the details aren't quite right, I don't think anyways. the concept itself is awesome. (hey you stole my idea.) but anyways yes implement something like this.
01-21-2013 07:04 PM
worst ff player eu

Or it could be like the tournament system on TF2, where a player can name the team, and then set the whole team's status to 'Ready' (bear in mind anyone can 'Not Ready' as well).
Then, a 5 second wait (so players can 'Not Ready', if they wish), before the match occurs!

:D
01-21-2013 07:29 PM

01-23-2013 03:11 PM
worst ff player eu

Actually, yeah, the MvM screen would be better. ( 'cept without the timer on the bottom )

Much better than the tournament setup screen:
http://wiki.teamfortress.com/w/image..._example_1.jpg

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue