Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Projects > Fortress Forever > Feature

Soldier Rocket Launchers / Jumping Issue Tools
issueid=74 01-17-2009 02:22 AM
Soldier Rocket Launchers / Jumping

basically from what i see people are requesting features that existed in the original quake megaTF mod. my beef is with the rocket launcher....ive never like half-lifes rocket launcher because you cant rocket jump like you can in quake. you people know what im talking about. quake rockets were faster so you could get the boost as you jump instead of after.

a guy posted a hwguy secondary fire. megatf had the 20mm vulcan cannon which fired single shots, consumed 10 shells, and hurt a lot. the recoil was enough that you could boost with it if you pointed down and jumped, and it would stagger you backwards firing forward.

i miss spiketraps and proximity mines already:(
Issue Details
Issue Type Feature
Project Fortress Forever
Category General Game
Status Rejected
Priority 10 - Lowest
Suggested Version Undefined
Implemented Version (none)
Votes for this feature 1
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

01-17-2009 04:34 AM
FF Loremaster

I don't understand what you mean about rockets. Could you elaborate a bit more? I don't understand what you mean. If you fire and jump at the same time, the rocket hits the ground right as you gain the jump speed.
01-17-2009 05:23 AM
Official FF Medic

I'm with Credge on this one. I'm fairly certain we have a rocket jump. You do exactly what Credge said to do. Now if what you mean is have a more powerful rocket to jump higher, I don't think that's something we should do.

Edit: I also suggest we knock down the rating on this one to something lower since it is only a feature and not really anything urgent like a bug that crashes it.
01-17-2009 07:59 AM
Beware the Hammer
Buffalo Butterpuss

like credge and demasu, i dont know what you are trying to request here. be a bit more specific please.
01-17-2009 11:29 PM

I think he wants faster rockets so it's easier to rj.

Also please suggest only one feature at a time.

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue