Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Projects > Fortress Forever > Feature

Some Suggestions Issue Tools
issueid=206 09-10-2009 08:05 PM
I like Ceyx
Some Suggestions
Possible? Feasible? Neccessary?

1. Instead of having to "rcon changelevel map" in console, would it be possible to have the game flip the teams, reset scores, reset round time and prematch?

2. Add hud_speedometer 1 for use with spectator view.

3. Add a universal flag(one that can be picked up/tossed by all 4 colors) kind of like murderball only with cap points.

4. Get rid of Flag Toss/Pickup delay.

5. Fix the Flag model so that the flagpole doesn't go through the middle of the flag.

6. Bring back medpack heals +150/100 health

7. Add caltrops

8. Bring back infectious diseases from medics

9. Add sentry gun feature that allows engineer to grab a hold of sg and aim the gun to shoot it's rockets/bullets.

10. Speed up every class by 200
Issue Details
Issue Type Feature
Project Fortress Forever
Category General Game
Status Rejected
Priority 5 - Medium
Suggested Version 2.4
Implemented Version (none)
Votes for this feature 0
Votes against this feature 2
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

09-10-2009 08:15 PM
FF Loremaster

I'd like to reply to these one at a time as these are some questions that were asked and answered while I was beta testing.

1. That's a good idea for AVD/AVZ/game types like that.

2. Another good idea if it's possible.

3. Another one.

4. I don't think this one is a good idea. There are balance problems that can occur with this, although maybe the limit can be reduced a tad? I don't really see it as a problem though, makes the offense think about their tosses.

5. To add to this, make scouts one hand the flag in their offhand while they shotgun/nail/crowbar with the other. EH?

6. It was removed because it made two offensive medics function almost like 3 health wise. It gave too much power to the medic class furthering the uselessness of the scout in all but the most skilled of players.

7. They existed pre 2.0. Once the jump pad came out, the caltrops were dropped. One of the reasons, if I remember correctly, was that it supported griefing while adversely impacting the flow of the game. I agree with only half of that, but I do think caltrops were a fun and useful grenade.

8. It was removed because of laming. One person standing in the spawn on top of some health could spread the infection to his entire team infinitely, even right as they spawn. It wasn't very fun.

9. There was a lot of discussion about the engy when I tested, a lot of it revolved around ideas like that or ideas to make the engineer the primary source of his power and the SG to take a back seat role... the opposite of how it is now (to an extent). The conclusion was that the engy, at that time, was balanced just right and messing with him in any drastic way would severely impact the structure of the game. I think the opinion is the same now as it was then.

10. No comment.
09-10-2009 08:22 PM
I like Ceyx

thanks for your input, i agree with you on everything you replied. I like the realisticness of your addition to #5.

On another note, I would like to add that I wholeheartedly believe that adding "Achievements" to ff would bring more players into our public servers and into our community.

Also.. why is Fortress-Forever beneath 2 or 3 pages of Team Fortress 2 shit on Steam? It's like it's buried in steam.. no wonder noone plays.

Steam should have Fortress-Forever on one of those pop-ups that always spam my screen. Free Fortress-Forever Mod. Get in where you fit in.
09-10-2009 08:43 PM
Banned

1. No
2. No
3. Already exists. Neutral Flag. Lua.
4. No
5. Fixed?
6. No
7. No
8. With limitations
9. No
10. No
09-10-2009 09:37 PM

As Credge did I'll sort my replies in the order the ideas were presented:

1) This is probably something that can already be handled via LUA manipulation, not really sure since I only have a basic knowledge of scripting.

2) Don't see much use for this but I suppose it could be an extra

3) Same thing as #2, don't really see much use for this at all.

4) Definitely not in my opinion, at present there's barely any time between tossing/being able to pick up again, and I think that's one of the biggest problems in the games currently since it allows people to just grab/toss/grab/toss/etc etc, if anything I think a longer period of time between tossing and picking up is needed.

5) I'm going to assume that you meant that the flagpole doesn't go through the center of the player model when they're "carrying" the flag. I like credges response to this one. Although thats all just eye candy and has no real bearing on gameplay.

6) Also disagree with this, medpacks are fine where they're at now, healing to max hp, there's no reason to heal over the max and scouts with 150 hp are ridiculous.

7) Caltrops were in in the past, they didnt work well, were easily avoided and just not effective in the type of gameplay FF presents. If you want caltrops, play some tfc.

8) I do agree spreading infections should be brought back in some capacity, unfortunately the devs don't think so and since this isn't a democracy I don't see this change ever happening, despite extensive arguments and the presentation of multiple scenarios.

9) This change has been broached in the past, some good ideas of how it would work were kicked around, but it seems to have died off without a clear follow up. The initial idea included an extra bindable key to cycle targets/force target.

10) Disagree with this change, I think the speeds we have now are decent, this isnt the army, "if it aint broke fix it til it is" doesnt apply

Just my thoughts on the subject, tbh most ideas are presented and then mostly discarded from what I've seen thus far. Ultimately the devs will do what they want to do and to hell with the players.
09-10-2009 09:57 PM
QUAD ROCKET

5.) Maybe first they should fix the flag so it actually rotates with the player, lol.
09-11-2009 03:30 AM
Pew pew ze beams

1. why not

2. ye some players say their bhop speed is 670 hard to believe :p

3. Theres a white flag, neutral look at ff_banderas map : D

4. With no flag trow would be a lot harder to cap flags, with sgs and demo piping the flag so imo noes.

5.Dunno what u mean with this.

6. I would not mind with this, but imo this would unbalance a team of medics at offense ( mainly in clanstyle wars).

7. why not, they here fun. :)

8. Atm no point in infecting, for instance to infect you need to click 2 or 3 times near a enemy to infect him, and with the fast pace of the game, he have 90% of changes of dying of anything else.

9. Not sure what u mean with this :d

10. 200 speed oO. FF atm with players that can take full advantage of bhop, trimp, double jump, its pretty speedy, with more 200 of speed would be ubeer Speedy and impossible to detain offy scouts or to hit someone with sniper :P
09-11-2009 07:22 AM
I like Ceyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridget
1. No
2. No
3. Already exists. Neutral Flag. Lua.
4. No
5. Fixed?
6. No
7. No
8. With limitations
9. No
10. No
A lot of no's, and that's okay... i was being pretty generic with ideas... I originally only came in here to suggest 2 that being the neutral flag idea, and the spec speedometer on mode.(maybe hud_specspeedometer 1)

8. Maybe with an autokick feature as part of the game so it doesnt require a lot of admin input to get rid of idiots.
or example : 4 team infections within 1 minute sets mode 1 which turns you(and your steam id) into an ammo pack and you get picked up and dropped for the next 5 minutes/10 minutes/map(changeable by server admins) ;) etc... rendering you nothing more than a spectator. with : Id10t in flashing colors across the screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marxist
As Credge did I'll sort my replies in the order the ideas were presented:
lol, like that wasn't obvious..
Quote:
1) ...not really sure since I only have a basic knowledge of scripting.
words like that really mean nothing to me or anyone and your not a ff dev(unless I'm mistaken)so I really dont care about your scripting lol - no offense but why would i? anything is possible if you put your mind to it.. that would be easily coded in to a game.. it just so happens that I don't know how... and now for some strange reason you want everyone to know that you don't know how either... lol?
Quote:
2) Don't see much use for this but I suppose it could be an extra
I just feel the extra info on the screen would show newer players wtf is going on in the game and so I extra guess extra players would be extra nice :) does that even make sense?
Quote:
4) Definitely not in my opinion, at present there's barely any time between tossing/being able to pick up again, and I think that's one of the biggest problems in the games currently since it allows people to just grab/toss/grab/toss/etc etc, if anything I think a longer period of time between tossing and picking up is needed.
maybe you're right.. i know it would be nice 1v1.. care to?
Quote:
5) I'm going to assume that you meant that the flagpole doesn't go through the center of the player model when they're "carrying" the flag. I like credges response to this one. Although thats all just eye candy and has no real bearing on gameplay.
No, but eye candy is nice... I mean - TF2 looks like a cartoon - who doesn't like cartoons?? With all the Orange Box talk it would seem like a good idea... maybe I'm wrong because our cartoon is just too hardcore for eye candy :/ u obviously don't like eye candy... wait... ohhhh no wonder your models suck ass... jk PoC :)
Quote:
6) Also disagree with this, medpacks are fine where they're at now, healing to max hp, there's no reason to heal over the max and scouts with 150 hp are ridiculous.
:/ Being overpowered was fun though, however.. I say there can never be too much offense! The more the merrier!
Quote:
7) Caltrops were in in the past, they didnt work well, were easily avoided and just not effective in the type of gameplay FF presents. If you want caltrops, play some tfc.
If they were easily avoided, then maybe there should be more caltrops, spread less distance apart or make them bigger. How the fuck you going to tell me to go play TFC? That game is for people with shitty comps, hands down FF OWNS TFC.. bottom line I refuse.[/quote]
Quote:
8) I do agree spreading infections should be brought back in some capacity, unfortunately the devs don't think so and since this isn't a democracy I don't see this change ever happening, despite extensive arguments and the presentation of multiple scenarios.
Again, like #1 you're not a dev... dont care. No offense. ;)
Quote:
9) This change has been broached in the past, some good ideas of how it would work were kicked around, but it seems to have died off without a clear follow up. The initial idea included an extra bindable key to cycle targets/force target.
Nice to know, would be nice to see if it's still open for testing/suggestions
Quote:
10) Disagree with this change, I think the speeds we have now are decent, this isnt the army, "if it aint broke fix it til it is" doesnt apply

Just my thoughts on the subject, tbh most ideas are presented and then mostly discarded from what I've seen thus far. Ultimately the devs will do what they want to do and to hell with the players.
Duly noted Sgt Marxist, I do appreciate you're input on all subjects and ultimately I feel the dev's listen to us and dont think "to hell with the players" :/
09-11-2009 08:24 AM
I like Ceyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by =AS= zE
5.Dunno what u mean with this.

7. why not, they here fun. :)

8. Atm no point in infecting, for instance to infect you need to click 2 or 3 times near a enemy to infect him, and with the fast pace of the game, he have 90% of changes of dying of anything else.

9. Not sure what u mean with this :d
I can somewhat agree with what you said in P 1,2,3,4,6, and surely on 10 - I was joking, I can see why they're not implemented but maybe some revisions would be nice... I honestly just feel new features might attract new players and keep current players around for a while.

5. If you watch the flag closely, you will see the actually flapping part of the flag goes right through the middle pole... just seems unnatural - not like conc jumping 3 football fields or rocketjumping isn't - Im just saying :D

7. They are!!! and tbh shouldn't be easily avoided, but with proper bunny hop shouldn't be that much of an issue to avoid? BRING EM BACK!

8. so true... or at the very least make it where if you're infected, you can't resupply, recieve medpacks without first being cured, and/or give you somewhat of spasms every time you take damage that throws your aim off?(or is that last one already part of it? lol)

9. Like how in some games you can grab ahold of a stationary gun and control it... only for my example: you hit a button and assuming you're standing next to the gun and it would give you first or third person control of the sentry gun's rockets or bullets only(choose 1) while also keeping the auto-aim'd bullets from the sentry doing their own thing... beefing it up quite heavily but at the same time you would be unable to repair unless you hopped off it really quick and wrenched it.
09-11-2009 03:19 PM

1. Would be nice, but not really top of the priority list
2. Please yes. Also, dunno how easy it'd be, but making the HP indicator on first-person speccing refresh more often would be so nice.
3. Already some, but I'm not sure if there's a flag that's...white or some such. Might be nice.
4. Infinite tossing is...meh. It might cause a hassle if you don't WANT to pick it up, and I like it as it is anyways - you have to know when to toss it, rather than just spamtossing.
5. Yeah, the flag looks a little weird now.
6. Nah. In pubs, medics healing others can just about lock down a flag room, such as on well. In competitive play, they're also nice...somewhat help other medics, but they really shine already when used for scouts.
7. Oh god yes. Scouts should slow other classes down with caltrops rather than speed up everything else with jump pads. It'd make scouts a lot more fun.
8. I agree with this, but...with a few changes to the infections. I think they're a little too strong as it is - maybe add a second between each infection 'hit'. And the spread infections would do half the damage, for only half a minute or second.
9. Would be cool to do once in a while, but it wouldn't have any benefits. Sentries already autoaim, and with this idea, the engi would give up his own weapons to pilot his gun.
10. lulzwhat.

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue