Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Projects > Fortress Forever > Bug

Red Engi fixed gen on dropdown before it stopped burning Issue Tools
issueid=275 03-08-2010 03:00 AM
Slayer of humans
Red Engi fixed gen on dropdown before it stopped burning
engi fixed gen on dropdown while it was still on fire

I was on dropdown today, I had killed the red generator, someone had called for the red engi to fix it. I made it back into the room while it was still on fire and smoking and then I see it say the red generator is online. I can still see the flames and smoke yet the lights are coming on.

I tried to do the same thing with the blue generator but it wouldn't fix till the time was up and the fire was gone.

BTW the Affected Versions while reporting a bug needs to be updated, I couldn't put in 2.41
Issue Details
Project Fortress Forever
Category General Game
Status Unconfirmed
Priority 7 - Med/Low
Affected Version 2.4
Fixed Version (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

03-14-2010 05:24 PM
Slayer of humans

Did another test of this last night and the generator was able to be turned back on while it was still on fire and there was still smoke in the room.

Is the generator suppose to be brought back up after 1 minute or after 2 minutes?
03-15-2010 06:51 PM

a quick look at the lua shows this:
  • basically once you blow up the gen it starts the fire schedule
  • that last for 60 seconds (so 1min to answer your ?)
  • IF the fire schedule is ON then you can't repair; but after 60 seconds you can.

So is this happening w/in 60 sec of it being detted? I'm assuming you are just catching the fire going out but that it's after 60 seconds. But I could be wrong.
03-15-2010 09:29 PM
Slayer of humans

I got the engi from the red team to help me with this.

I blew up the gen, and he came in and started beating on it. He was beating on it for close to a minute.

When it finally came on it was still burning a little but the flame quickly went away, but it was only after the gen had come back on.

I always thought it had to stop burning and making smoke first before it could be turned back on. I also thought it was 2 minutes before it could be turned back on.
03-16-2010 09:18 AM

nope, it's 1min according to the .lua, and it does have to stop flaming, but I think the animation probably lasts for like 5sec or something, so what you're seeing is the residual effect.

Basically the .lua says "after 60sec play this "ending" animation," and then the game plays it...but it also says "after 60sec allow the engy to heal." So even though you still see the ending animation for how many ever seconds, the engy can heal. I could probably set up a work around so that the flames are scheduled to turn off how many ever seconds they need to before 60, so that the gen isn't flaming when the engy is allowed to heal it...though honestly I will likely forget to do it :(

IF you really really want to see this, figure out exactly how long the flames last AFTER 60sec, and I can/will update the lua. If not I'll have to find time to test it on my own and probably won't remember for forever.
03-16-2010 03:31 PM
Slayer of humans

Na its not that important, its not like the room really does a whole lot. I just like to get in there and claim it as mine. hehe

I would love to see the generator do more then just take out 2 sets of lasers that virtually no one uses anyway. Thought I'm not sure what.

I thought it was a slightly bigger bug then it was and even then I didn't rate it high.
03-16-2010 06:09 PM
mjau

Having those lasers off is pretty powerful, a demo can remove the whole FR defense, even heavily fortified with one go.
03-16-2010 06:54 PM
Slayer of humans

He can remove some not all if the placement is done right. The blast will not do the whole room. Drop something from that side and it will miss stuff on the other side of the room.

There are also spots where the pack will miss stuff when its dropped down the main hole.

I've also seen where a det pack is right in front of an sg and it does nothing to it. I've tried to replicate it but I can't. I've seen where I've dropped the det pack in the same spot roughly and the first one did nothing second one killed it.

maybe its the angle or something I'm not sure
03-16-2010 07:16 PM
mjau

yeah you have to use a MIRV as well when that happens. Or mirv the room then drop down and det over the ledge while everyone runs and screams for meow mix

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue