Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Projects > Fortress Forever > Feature

Demoman Detpack/Voice Addition Issue Tools
issueid=303 07-26-2010 01:37 PM
I like Ceyx
Demoman Detpack/Voice Addition

For detpacks, you're able to grab a new pack off a fallen demoman. Was thinking two ideas;

1) Maybe a way to after a certain time, generate these with the engineers dispenser... say after 2 minutes of it being up n running and/or if an engineer/demoman throw their ammo bag in the disp. that includes a detpack(means the engineer would have to grab one from an a fallen demoman- maybe wrench the bag a time or two for it to be usable...)

Even more, when there is a detpack available in the dispenser, maybe an added model rises from the top of the dispenser that shows that there's one in there to grab.

2) When an enemy demoman dies with an unused detpack, in addition to dropping a bag, maybe add a new model showing a detpack wiring harness or something that looks a little different from a set detpack but similar.

Maybe also add a voice to the demoman 3 seconds before the detpack goes off saying something like "Get away! It's gonna blow!" or "It's about to get messy" or "Watch out, Incoming destruction" heh

Thoughts?
Issue Details
Issue Type Feature
Project Fortress Forever
Category Classes (Scout/Engineer/etc)
Status Rejected
Priority 7 - Med/Low
Suggested Version Undefined
Implemented Version (none)
Votes for this feature 2
Votes against this feature 2
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

12-31-2010 05:34 AM
I like Ceyx

i agree, they should be possible, just not instant. generate a single grenade every 45 seconds, and a secondary every 2 minutes... a dispenser doesnt stay up that long anyways... at least in pickup games.
12-31-2010 08:49 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BY6TIKKqW1M

GET OUTTA THERE IT'S GONNA BLOW
01-01-2011 01:32 AM
Heartless Threadkiller

I like this idea. Often, a Demo will die without having placed his detpack. Allowing a Demo or Engy to pick it up(Engy to put it in the dispenser, Demo to use it if he has already used his) seems almost natural.

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue