Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Projects > Fortress Forever > Feature

better comicish graphics Issue Tools
issueid=100 01-31-2009 03:51 PM
better comicish graphics
just like tf2 but with different art

FF should have comicish graphics like tf2 but with different art like different faces and stuff. What do you think?
Issue Details
Issue Type Feature
Project Fortress Forever
Category Visuals
Status Rejected
Priority 10 - Lowest
Suggested Version Undefined
Implemented Version (none)
Votes for this feature 0
Votes against this feature 13
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

01-31-2009 04:48 PM
Ka-boom!

FF will look like a lame TF2 ripoff, so fuck it
01-31-2009 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
01-31-2009 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
but it will look nice, the hl1 graphics aren't so appealing
01-31-2009 05:10 PM
QUAD ROCKET

I'd rather not feel like I'm playing a game that was meant for 5 year olds.
01-31-2009 06:19 PM
Official FF Medic

You should really read up a bit more on FF before posting. Considering you joined today, and have made no real posts, I would recommend you read this whole forum.
01-31-2009 07:38 PM
Keep On Keepin' On

lmao.
01-31-2009 11:37 PM
no war but class war

You're welcome to join the community of people that are modding FF, and to add your own models/gfx. As devs, this isn't anything we'll sink time into.
02-01-2009 12:00 AM
[AE] 0112 Ihmhi *SJB

TF2 has its own appealing visual style, but it wouldn't fit very well into FF.

It's been suggested that we do things like port the TF2 models, but there's a lot of technical issues that really make this not worth it.

To be fair to tehdewd, werent the cel-shaded "Toon" models and texture sets extremely popular in TFC's day? It's not entirely insane that someone would ask for this. They were TF2 before TF2 was TF2.
02-01-2009 07:48 AM
Ka-boom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehdewd
but it will look nice, the hl1 graphics aren't so appealing
Let's see if I can explain, TF2's visual style is great, sure. But if devs will implement something similar FF will just look like a cheap, lame version of Tf2. I would prefer FF being something original with not so great visuals over being a ripoff with nice FX.

Oh, and welcome to the game :)
02-01-2009 09:47 PM

I could see a more none realistic approach to ff but nothing as extreme as tf2. TF2 is a somewhat comical game as from what I've seen and it suites it pretty well. If anything I would like to see FF go in the approach of a quake look. Futuristic CTF maps and what not. After all that new schtop looks mighty fine and definitely has that kind of feel.
02-02-2009 03:51 AM

Art style - its like someone who does paintings, sculptures, etc.

The FF team has made their own style. imo, running FF full graphics gives me nothing to complain about. valve's tf2 style is their style, and FF is more staying true to the style of TFC, and a lot less to the style of TF2.

A lot of FF players prefer the TFC style of fortress gaming as opposed to the TF2 style. seeing the big contrast, i think its best that FF maintains itself.

You could try taking some of the texture files and make them look higher saturated and more brushy looking.

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue