Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Projects > Fortress Forever > Feature

ff_schtop security button nobuild zone Issue Tools
issueid=317 10-20-2010 05:00 AM
Nade Whore
ff_schtop security button nobuild zone

FF needs one. That is all.

Every time we go to that map we have someone who blocks the security with their SG or SG+Dispenser. Make that small button area a nobuild zone.
Issue Details
Issue Type Feature
Project Fortress Forever
Category Mapping
Status Rejected
Priority 1 - Highest
Suggested Version 2.4
Implemented Version (none)
Votes for this feature 7
Votes against this feature 1
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

11-06-2010 12:41 AM

lol i thought this was valid tactic :P

you can do it on most other maps with buttons...(yes i know other maps buttons are in more open areas)
11-06-2010 02:29 AM

If it's possible to build SG+disp so that it's not possible (or very difficult) to deactivate the security due to physical blocking, I tend to agree. I can't think of any other map where the map objective can be effectively blocked by buildings, and a small no-build zone right in front of the button would be in order.
11-06-2010 04:26 AM
crystaLcity

go scout and conc up there and get button, u will prob die but ull get button too
11-06-2010 05:22 AM
Banned

11-06-2010 05:34 AM
crystaLcity

or that
11-07-2010 07:53 AM
UI Designer
Front-End Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born_In_Xixax
If it's possible to build SG+disp so that it's not possible (or very difficult) to deactivate the security due to physical blocking, I tend to agree. I can't think of any other map where the map objective can be effectively blocked by buildings, and a small no-build zone right in front of the button would be in order.
Phantom would be the one of those maps. I personally wouldn't mind seeing a nobuild for that area, but it's really a designers choice not to add it.
02-23-2012 09:28 AM
Gets tickled by FF

Seeing as we have a decompiled version of schtop. So long as that compiles correctly I can do this. What are peoples thoughts on it.

I want to know if its something we actually want before attempting to go through the hassle of doing it.
02-23-2012 11:01 AM
Stuff Do-er

Non-issue.

There is no way to grief teammates with regards to buildables on the button (you don't need to ever touch your own button). Building a dispenser at the button in order to det it is a valid and useful tactic that should be encouraged. Also, it's beyond trivial to kill a SG/disp combo on the button.

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue