Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Projects > Fortress Forever > Feature

Show det of SG/dispenser Issue Tools
issueid=321 11-09-2010 02:54 PM
Slayer of humans
Show det of SG/dispenser
When someone dets their own SG/dispenser show it

Seeing as how I doubt anything will be done about people blowing up their own SGs and dispensers just to stop people from getting a point, I would like to see a couple of slight changes, if possible...

If someone dets their SG/dispenser it shows up in the kill list up top. This would let people know

If Person A does damage to the SG/dispenser just before Person B blows up their SG/dispenser then Person A gets the point for killing it. Maybe have a 4 to 5 second limit after the last damage happened.
Issue Details
Issue Type Feature
Project Fortress Forever
Category General Game
Status Suggested
Priority 8
Suggested Version 2.4
Implemented Version (none)
Votes for this feature 1
Votes against this feature 2
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

11-09-2010 02:59 PM
Banned

Engineer detonates Sentry Gun.
Result: No Sentry Gun.

Player x destroys Sentry Gun.
Result: No Sentry Gun.

No point in complaining.
11-09-2010 03:19 PM
WhenNailGrenWillOut?

I remember someone complaining about this a looooooooooong time ago.

Everyone was against it, including me.
11-10-2010 10:16 PM

If an engineer sees his gun is about to be destroyed and chooses to detonate it first, this can confuse the enemy player, who will often spend some additional time or a grenade thinking that the sentry has just been damaged and not destroyed. The down-side of course is that the sentry might have survived, or it might have dealt some damage in the moments before it self-destructed. IMHO this is a valid situational tactic and an advantage for the quick-thinking and experienced engineer...I see no need to change.
11-11-2010 05:03 AM

I don't really care about player score right now. If we ever get around to overhauling Fortress points, contributing to the death of buildables would certainly give points.

I'm almost always in favor of making information available to players. So yes to the kill notification.