Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Projects > Fortress Forever > Feature

hwguy firing mechanic Issue Tools
issueid=318 11-01-2010 01:49 AM
hwguy firing mechanic
changes to hwguy firing modes

I've proposed this in the past, but maybe not through the official tracker here, I can't remember. The idea here is to have 2 modes for hwguy:

Primary fire:

More accurate firing spread, similar to 2.1's dispersal, maybe a LITTLE less accurate than that.

Secondary fire:

An all out "spray" mode, similar to 2.0's when the fire button had been held down for a few seconds.

The idea here is it would add a little more dimension and skill to the class, increasing his lethality if in the hands of the right player. As flawed as he was, the hwguy's stopping power for point-blank range was unparalleled 2.0. If you could get in someone's face while your gun was charged up, you would destroy them. Alternately the additional range of 2.1 was a very welcome change at the time, even if it may have been a little TOO accurate (I recall getting many across-the-map kills in waterpolo in 2.1.

Right now the dual cone system feels inadequate. It doesn't do as good a job up close or at a distance as previous versions. To put it more simply:

1.0 = great all-round damage
2.0 = best at close range damage
2.1 = best at long range attacks
2.2-2.4 = best at nothing

I don't know if this is related to damage values or not, but the system would allow for some skill to factor into the class more.
Issue Details
Issue Type Feature
Project Fortress Forever
Category Classes (Scout/Engineer/etc)
Status Rejected
Priority 5 - Medium
Suggested Version Undefined
Implemented Version (none)
Votes for this feature 1
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)