Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Projects > Fortress Forever > Feature

SG Shield Issue Tools
issueid=315 10-11-2010 03:30 PM
I like Ceyx
SG Shield
Halo Reach style

A shield ability for the Engineer to put on his SG after a 5 cells are built up.. only applicable to level 3 SG's. Makes the gun invulnerable for 5 seconds. Once the shield is used, it will start its shieldcell regeneration cycle again. it takes 5 cells to activate the shield, it gains one cell every 15 seconds it is in level 3 stage.

Thoughts?
Issue Details
Issue Type Feature
Project Fortress Forever
Category Classes (Scout/Engineer/etc)
Status Suggested
Priority 1 - Highest
Suggested Version Undefined
Implemented Version (none)
Votes for this feature 0
Votes against this feature 4
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

10-11-2010 03:40 PM

No ubercharges, thanks.
10-11-2010 04:07 PM

Some sort of shield to compensate for the lack of splash protection might be nice, but yeah, I don't want anything that's invulnerable. Same reason I don't like 100% invisibility for spies, it turns things into luck more than skill that way.
10-11-2010 04:40 PM
crystaLcity

id actually say yes to this but that means nothing
10-11-2010 05:13 PM
if(0>1){printf("broked");}

I actually suggested this before in a thread
10-12-2010 01:08 AM

maybe only if the engy is at his sg
10-13-2010 02:48 PM

It would probably be easier to just make the engie over repair his structures when he hits them up to 150% or something.
10-15-2010 02:28 AM
AaaaaaaTATATATATATATATA!

Make sentries immune to splash damage.

Problems fixed.
10-17-2010 03:53 AM
I like Ceyx

correct me if im wrong but splash damage would be the mirv grenades, nail grenades, and fire grenades? what else is considered splash? detpacks?

seems stupid to buff up a class or two, but weaken 2 or 3 other classes imho.

ie : sniper = sg killer but useless in other 3v3, 4v4, 5v5 situations, where as demoman would be completely useless due to lack of speed and major splash damage.
10-17-2010 03:55 AM
I like Ceyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by angrypyro
It would probably be easier to just make the engie over repair his structures when he hits them up to 150% or something.
no, that just makes the max hp of a sg higher. unless of couse you want to explain HOW he would over repair his sg... given it is some way that the engineer is capable but not taking away from other aspects of the game... do we really want an engineer who has a one track mind on our team?

a good engineer will throw the grenades in the right areas, build his gun in the right areas, and patrol/shoot/kill enemies with shotgun and railgun in the right areas.... watch squeek, blinky, or myself(bah i hate bragging)

On another note, I do think that repairing teammates armor is somewhat useless..
10-17-2010 03:58 AM
I like Ceyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by onE
maybe only if the engy is at his sg
Do you still play FF? I miss having you on my team because we would give the other team a run for their money every time! COME BACK!
10-19-2010 09:34 PM

No.

If we are going to copy ideas from TF2 lets please copy the good ideas.

TF2 Sentries are even less skillful than the Pyro. Maximum easy mode bad class for bad players who can't aim.

FF engie sentries are in need of a minor buff but not one that kills their skill gap. I like how the FF engie actually has to fight along his sentry instead of spending most of his time mindlessly wacking stuff with his wrench like the TF2 engie does.
10-19-2010 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VentuSag3
FF engie sentries are in need of a minor buff but not one that kills their skill gap. I like how the FF engie actually has to fight along his sentry instead of spending most of his time mindlessly wacking stuff with his wrench like the TF2 engie does.
Here we go again. I don't see the "skill" in simply having the sg weaker. The engy is not an ideal dm class. His dm'ing "skill" feels like an awkward stopgap to compensate for how much the sg has been weakened. The sg needs more than a minor boost, it needs something comparable to pre-2.0 levels or TFC. Otherwise you can talk about "skill" all day, but it doesn't stop games from being over way faster and O basically running things, regardless of who's playing.
10-20-2010 06:19 AM
I like Ceyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by VentuSag3
No.

If we are going to copy ideas from TF2 lets please copy the good ideas.

TF2 Sentries are even less skillful than the Pyro. Maximum easy mode bad class for bad players who can't aim.

yeh i dont play TF2 so the idea of a shield that i posted certainly didn't come from that.

and the rest of your post was pretty much worthless deserving of no additional response.

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue