Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Projects > Fortress Forever > Bug

Solly nail gren? Issue Tools
issueid=423 03-17-2013 02:11 AM
Solly nail gren?

when you deploy the nail grenade, if you run over to where it is and stand in the same spot you don't take any damage from it, I don't know whether this was by design or not. Just thought I might make mention of it.
Issue Details
Project Fortress Forever
Category Classes (Scout/Engineer/etc)
Status Unconfirmed
Priority Unknown
Affected Version Undefined
Fixed Version (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

03-17-2013 04:13 PM

It's intentional. The safe zone in the middle was added as an alternative to having to jump around in circles to get past it.
04-04-2013 02:35 PM
Wiki Standards Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raynian
It's intentional. The safe zone in the middle was added as an alternative to having to jump around in circles to get past it.
To expand, standing in the middle prior to this patch would pretty much instakill you. They are still powerful, but require a bit more finesse to be deployed properly.
06-04-2013 04:54 AM

honestly i think a smidge longer on the lazer nade would benefit it as right now with all its weeknesses i think ali8ttle more staying power would help not much just a tweak.

also the ability to stand on it because that would be fucking awesome. :D
06-04-2013 05:39 AM

I think it's fine as is. Although I found the ability to stand on it when it was broke in beta pretty awesome. Could throw it up in the air and then rocket jump on it. Would ruin the point of the safe zone though.
06-04-2013 09:11 PM

The problem with the center damage is it becomes a single point extended damage nade instead of a nade with moving lasers as it was intended. In practice the lasers weren't being used at all, but rather the the nade would go on the flag or button or a choke point, and the center would be what does the damage. Combine this with the duration of the nade, and you can do things like laser the flag, suicide, laser the flag, suicide, and so on. It was pretty effective and not at all fun or interactive or as intended. With the center damage free the soldier has to use the moving lasers instead of the center; it's no longer a single point damage grenade.

If you're having trouble making use of lasers I would suggest using them in combination with rockets. It's much harder to dodge rockets with the lasers spinning around, so your chances of hitting prediction shots increases hugely. It's not apparent by "number of laser nade kills" on the scoreboard, but frankly that's irrelevant.
06-06-2013 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDA_Approved
I think it's fine as is. Although I found the ability to stand on it when it was broke in beta pretty awesome. Could throw it up in the air and then rocket jump on it. Would ruin the point of the safe zone though.
That sounds awesome, bring this back...it would open a whole new world of trick map possibilities.

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue