Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Projects > Fortress Forever > Feature

Taunt Issue Tools
issueid=189 07-21-2009 05:33 AM
Taunt
Preset the client side cvar "cl_customsounds" to "1" by default.

The command is built in from Valve themselves into the engine, it allows a custom sound of less than 128kb to be uploaded to the server and downloaded to the client. The same thing as a spray but represented as an audio file.

Just requesting that this cvar be enabled clientside by default. It can simply be disabled by setting it to zero.

I've made a thread explaining how people can already do this in here.
Issue Details
Issue Type Feature
Project Fortress Forever
Category Installation
Status Rejected
Priority 10 - Lowest
Suggested Version 2.4
Implemented Version (none)
Votes for this feature 5
Votes against this feature 6
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

07-23-2009 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobster1234
I can just play the whole grenade priming timer though my mic and I bet I can change the whole battle right there. I'll create the same effect as you describe only that I had to work 20 times less to get the same effect.
yes...but I see your mic telling me your talking.

firefox...I know those were just examples. A good player probably won't be effected. by something liek that, but there are senarios that would.
07-23-2009 09:44 PM

But you can't ban features completely from the game just because of random scenarios while they don't affect the game generally.

Jump pads are horrible in order to make AvD fun, yet they are implemented in the game, but they are strippable on the .lua or by the server settings.

Like wise happens with this: if there are scenarios where it could be exploited (league play), just don't allow them in that case whatsoever. It can be just a Gentleman Rule, just like all that no OvO stuff.
07-23-2009 10:23 PM
Title title title title

If you know there is a HWGuy around a corner and you hear him die then go around the corner and find him standing there pummeling you down with his AC.
07-23-2009 11:13 PM

Or you could check the death messages and see that the player playing HW haven't died. Not to mention that in the most cases he will have his AC spinning, so even if he fakes the death sound you can hear the AC.
07-24-2009 12:06 AM
Keep On Keepin' On

Whatever the case is.... this taunt shit is stupid.
07-24-2009 01:25 AM
Title title title title

Soldier, Demoman, Engineer. And it's stupid.
07-26-2009 05:13 PM

Definitely should not be on by default, though we could put in a menu option to turn it on. Personally I hate joining a server and having to download "funny" wav files. New players will be confused and put off by this.

Voice chat is a better solution because you can mute players.
07-26-2009 05:25 PM
Gets tickled by FF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazycarl
Personally I hate joining a server and having to download "funny" wav files
that is something i do 100% agree with. though I think the files like this are done as they are used and not on map load.
07-28-2009 12:27 AM

When was the last time you noticed your computer downloading a spray? This works exactly the same way as sprays.

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue