Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Projects > Fortress Forever > Feature

Demoman Detpack/Voice Addition Issue Tools
issueid=303 07-26-2010 01:37 PM
I like Ceyx
Demoman Detpack/Voice Addition

For detpacks, you're able to grab a new pack off a fallen demoman. Was thinking two ideas;

1) Maybe a way to after a certain time, generate these with the engineers dispenser... say after 2 minutes of it being up n running and/or if an engineer/demoman throw their ammo bag in the disp. that includes a detpack(means the engineer would have to grab one from an a fallen demoman- maybe wrench the bag a time or two for it to be usable...)

Even more, when there is a detpack available in the dispenser, maybe an added model rises from the top of the dispenser that shows that there's one in there to grab.

2) When an enemy demoman dies with an unused detpack, in addition to dropping a bag, maybe add a new model showing a detpack wiring harness or something that looks a little different from a set detpack but similar.

Maybe also add a voice to the demoman 3 seconds before the detpack goes off saying something like "Get away! It's gonna blow!" or "It's about to get messy" or "Watch out, Incoming destruction" heh

Thoughts?
Issue Details
Issue Type Feature
Project Fortress Forever
Category Classes (Scout/Engineer/etc)
Status Rejected
Priority 7 - Med/Low
Suggested Version Undefined
Implemented Version (none)
Votes for this feature 2
Votes against this feature 2
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

07-26-2010 02:34 PM
WhenNailGrenWillOut?

Detpacks get spammed enough in public games so I don't think there is need for a generating system of them. But I really like the idea of the demoman shouting "Get out of there,It's gonna blow" when the detpack is about to set off.
07-27-2010 07:43 AM
Gets tickled by FF

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosh
Detpacks get spammed enough in public games so I don't think there is need for a generating system of them. But I really like the idea of the demoman shouting "Get out of there,It's gonna blow" when the detpack is about to set off.
my thoughts too.

Detpacks are comical for sure but thats about it, there's never any skill behind using them them - esp with long timers. So I wouldn't want more :p
07-27-2010 08:56 PM
I like Ceyx

My thoughts were 'the more the merrier'

More stuff going on = more diversity on how to play.

In competitive play, setting a det can mean 3 things.
1 killing a would be flag-carrier.
2. spending valuable time setting the det, without proper pipetraps in place = losing a flag
3. killing teammates because of carelessness(overexcited about getting another detpack and placing in a bad spot)

Anyways...
07-27-2010 10:09 PM
Gets tickled by FF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynus
2. spending valuable time setting the det, without proper pipetraps in place = losing a flag
that is true - there is a trade there.
07-28-2010 12:54 AM
if(0>1){printf("broked");}

You could generate new ones with cells.

But, its quicker just to die.
07-28-2010 03:54 AM

Detpacks can be nice in competitive play. Just killed the entire team? Sweet, lay your pipetrap, start reloading and set a detpack for 5-10 seconds (you can reload while setting a detpack! Hax!), and lay the final two pipes. Then run for the hills. This will usually kill the scout and probably a medic too.
07-28-2010 01:48 PM
I like Ceyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raynian
Detpacks can be nice in competitive play. Just killed the entire team? Sweet, lay your pipetrap, start reloading and set a detpack for 5-10 seconds (you can reload while setting a detpack! Hax!), and lay the final two pipes. Then run for the hills. This will usually kill the scout and probably a medic too.
(you can reload while setting a detpack! Hax!)

Really?
07-28-2010 10:15 PM

Yup. Start reloading, and use the +detpack command to set it. The animation will stop but you'll keep loading pipes, and the detpack gets laid.
07-29-2010 12:24 AM
internet user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raynian
Yup. Start reloading, and use the +detpack command to set it. The animation will stop but you'll keep loading pipes, and the detpack gets laid.
Don't make me fix this
07-29-2010 05:14 AM
WhenNailGrenWillOut?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter
Don't make me fix this
I don't see anything unfair about that.
07-29-2010 08:31 AM

Demo is pro at multitasking
07-29-2010 06:10 PM
UI Designer
Front-End Developer

Quote:
Don't make me fix this
DO IT!
07-29-2010 08:26 PM
I like Ceyx

Quote:
Don't make me fix this
Hmm, Id rather see a fix for people joining a server midmap that sees wrong time displayed.

Or... Fix the reload issue where it's almost as if you get jammed and don't reload for a minute. <= maybe tahts just me.. autoreload doesnt ALWAYS work..
07-30-2010 04:22 PM
internet user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynus
Hmm, Id rather see a fix for people joining a server midmap that sees wrong time displayed.

Or... Fix the reload issue where it's almost as if you get jammed and don't reload for a minute. <= maybe tahts just me.. autoreload doesnt ALWAYS work..
Can you clarify what you're talking about as far as 'time displayed', map time left?
regarding auto-reload: http://forums.fortress-forever.com/p...hp?issueid=281
07-30-2010 04:31 PM
WhenNailGrenWillOut?

Quote:
Can you clarify what you're talking about as far as 'time displayed', map time left?
regarding auto-reload: http://forums.fortress-forever.com/p...hp?issueid=281
I can't recall what happens correctly but one time I joined a pickup mid game and the time was messed up. I don't remember what was the problem but I think the clock started to go up instead of down.

Edit: Never mind that statement.

<@Mooney> there was 3 minutes on my screen when there was 7 minutes to be played

Yeah I think that's the problem.
07-30-2010 04:39 PM
if(0>1){printf("broked");}

If you join the game at the beginning of the map then the timing is right, but if you join after warmup round the time is off.
07-30-2010 05:59 PM
I like Ceyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixel
If you join the game at the beginning of the map then the timing is right, but if you join after warmup round the time is off.
that
07-30-2010 11:05 PM
Gets tickled by FF

yup been that way since version one I think :p almost doesn't bother me anymore :p - almost
12-23-2010 05:54 AM
I like Ceyx

so can we get a "Yo! Get the fuck outta here!!!" vox please for setting a det plzkthx.
12-25-2010 02:58 AM

I've suggested before that the dispenser could be enhanced to provide health/armor/ammo/grenades (on fairly long timers) - giving the engy a new team-oriented defensive advantage, that isn't permanent. Or even a forward type 'base' for offense to work from.

Why not a detpack every once in awhile..?

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue