Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Projects > Fortress Forever > Bug

Heavy feels faster and was moved by pipes Issue Tools
issueid=353 07-02-2011 03:36 AM
Slayer of humans
Heavy feels faster and was moved by pipes
Was running around as the heavy and it felt faster then usual

Not sure how to really explain it, the heavy just felt faster and seemed to be running faster then many other classes.

Not sure if its related or not, but the heavy seems to be able to pipe jump a little now. I was running across a bridge with some pipes on them from my own team, he hit the pipes and I went flying forward. That never happened before as the heavy was never able to be moved by pipes.

I'll see about testing it more tomorrow.
Issue Details
Project Fortress Forever
Category Classes (Scout/Engineer/etc)
Status Not a Bug
Priority 5 - Medium
Affected Version Undefined
Fixed Version (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 1
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

07-04-2011 02:33 AM
Slayer of humans

Here is a demo showing the the heavy being moved by pipes, its right near the start.

http://gwarsbane.mektek.net/ff/ff_2_43_2011_0006.zip

I was also able to get some high speeds while running around (I don't remember them at this moment, but it was well over 250 to 300. I hit over 1000 hitting the speed arrows and going up the ramp. I don't ever remember doing that before.
07-04-2011 11:52 AM

Haven't watched the demo, but heavy base speed is 230, if I recall correctly. Just strafewalking against a wall would easily put your up to the speeds you listed, and there's also bhopping. I'm assuming that's on aardvark or some similar boosts like on r123 or haste - the trigger boost isn't (kinda it's weird) affected by class speed. It just sets your speed to a certain value (though it does require some acceleration. To be honest I am lost as to how exactly they work).

EDIT: pipes might have something to do with the patch though? Dunno.
07-04-2011 12:29 PM
UI Designer
Front-End Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raynian
Haven't watched the demo, but heavy base speed is 230, if I recall correctly. Just strafewalking against a wall would easily put your up to the speeds you listed, and there's also bhopping. I'm assuming that's on aardvark or some similar boosts like on r123 or haste - the trigger boost isn't (kinda it's weird) affected by class speed. It just sets your speed to a certain value (though it does require some acceleration. To be honest I am lost as to how exactly they work).

EDIT: pipes might have something to do with the patch though? Dunno.
The push ramps will set the player's velocity to whatever the push says, so in case of haste, 1200.
07-04-2011 01:42 PM
Slayer of humans

I meant to say this was on Aardvark

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue