Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Projects > Fortress Forever > Bug

SourceTV demo bugs Issue Tools
issueid=430 06-17-2013 03:17 AM
SourceTV demo bugs
A couple bugs I found

Hit xhairs when viewing sourcetv demos (don't know about normal demos since I haven't tried yet)

Crouch bug:
Seems to have started happening with 2.45/2.46
Here's an example demo: Demo1
Wait until gerrie spawns and then spectate him. He'll look like he's crouched all the time (you'll notice that he can still crouch his view, which means his view is lower than it should be in first person)

Tilt bug:
Don't remember when this came, maybe 2.46
Sometimes a person's view will be tilted when you're viewing the demo.
I'm having trouble reproducing this one, but it seems to happen more often when you skip around or speedup using demo_timescale n
Here's a screenshot of this happening: Screenshot1
Issue Details
Project Fortress Forever
Category General Game
Status Unconfirmed
Priority 4
Affected Version 2.41
Fixed Version (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

11-16-2013 07:32 AM

Quote:
Crouch bug:
Seems to have started happening with 2.45/2.46
Here's an example demo: Demo1
Wait until gerrie spawns and then spectate him. He'll look like he's crouched all the time (you'll notice that he can still crouch his view, which means his view is lower than it should be in first person)
I rarely ever run into this but I did have a demo the other day do it.

But one thing that is pretty consistent is the view clipping through ceilings when concing. Pretty much any time a player gets tossed up into the ceiling their view clips through it. It never happens in game though. Maybe stv is positioning the camera a little to high? Idk.

Idk if this is addressable or not. It's not the biggest deal in the world. But it can be exceptionally frustrating while recording clips.
11-16-2013 08:06 AM
NeoNL

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDA_Approved
But one thing that is pretty consistent is the view clipping through ceilings when concing. Pretty much any time a player gets tossed up into the ceiling their view clips through it. It never happens in game though. Maybe stv is positioning the camera a little to high? Idk.
Can confirm this, happened in my montage:

http://youtu.be/XBLpfAMvunE?t=1m43s
11-16-2013 09:40 AM

What a fucking conc too.

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue