Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Projects > Fortress Forever > Feature

Pick up Nades Issue Tools
issueid=330 12-24-2010 01:50 PM
I like Ceyx
Pick up Nades

Im not talking about dropping unused grenades to the ground when you're dead for other people to pick up, no...

Im talking if someone throws a grenade without priming it and its just sitting there, we should be able to grab n toss it while taking the risk of it blowing up in our hands.

Thoughts?
This issue is closed. No more replies may be made.
Issue Details
Issue Type Feature
Project Fortress Forever
Category General Game
Status Suggested
Priority 7 - Med/Low
Suggested Version Undefined
Implemented Version (none)
Votes for this feature 3
Votes against this feature 7
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

12-24-2010 04:37 PM
Banned

LOL THIS WASN'T IN TFC BRO
12-24-2010 06:46 PM
if(0>1){printf("broked");}

Meh
12-24-2010 08:30 PM

Might be cool.
12-25-2010 02:50 AM

Cool idea, but I think only very inexperienced players would waste a grenade by throwing it unprimed at someone. Could be worth playing with...might penalize random hall spam a bit.
12-25-2010 04:04 AM
Nade Whore

Yeah I think it would lower nade spam too.
12-25-2010 12:48 PM
Banned

Considering that fact, that only an inexperienced player would throw an unprimed 'nade, I always thought the nades' power should ramp up during the prime. Toss an unprimed nade at a Sentry Gun, and it does next to no damage. Prime one up and throw it at the Sentry, bam 100% damage. This punishes spam. Everyone that already primes their nades lose nothing. The only people who lose out are spammers. Seriously, how fucking easy is it to run at an SG now-a-days and throw your entire grenade-loadout onto it?
12-25-2010 02:02 PM

Lol, its not DayOfDefeat Bro :)
12-25-2010 03:57 PM
I like Ceyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridget
Considering that fact, that only an inexperienced player would throw an unprimed 'nade, I always thought the nades' power should ramp up during the prime. Toss an unprimed nade at a Sentry Gun, and it does next to no damage. Prime one up and throw it at the Sentry, bam 100% damage. This punishes spam. Everyone that already primes their nades lose nothing. The only people who lose out are spammers. Seriously, how fucking easy is it to run at an SG now-a-days and throw your entire grenade-loadout onto it?
what does this have to do with picking up nades? (you should probably make your own thread there mrs bridgetron)
12-26-2010 11:02 PM

Nah. If a nade blows up in your face there's nothing you could do anyways. If you walk around a corner to find one there, you're just gonna run away because you have no clue when exactly it's going to blow. Seeing newbies throw without priming is abusable. Simply put, it's another way to make vets confuse the fuck out of newbies and deter them from playing.
12-29-2010 06:28 AM
Pew pew ze beams

I´m all about new features since the pseudo tfc purity didn´t worked so ye sounds good.
12-29-2010 06:59 PM
WhenNailGrenWillOut?

Seems like a silly idea. :l
12-30-2010 12:54 AM

Not a bad idea.
12-30-2010 06:30 AM

I like it. Would make spamming sentries and spawn a little harder.
12-30-2010 10:22 AM

what about shooting them away (maybe with a certain gun only) instead of picking them up.
12-30-2010 12:06 PM
Banned

DUMB. Fortress Forever is too fast for these slow-ass Call of Duty type mechanics. Plus, think of the griefing that would occur.

Pick-Up Nades:
  1. Pick up Grenade.
  2. Throw at friendly player.
  3. Watch him fly away due to knockback.

Shooting Nades Back:
  1. Notice enemy Grenade.
  2. Shoot enemy Grenade toward friendly player.
  3. Watch him die from explosion.

It violates a design principle. If some retard plays badly and throws a dozen unprimed grenades at the enemy team, the enemy team then gets free grenades to chuck back at that player's team-mates whom suffer excessively because of his poor ass behavior. We all know this is unacceptable (unless we're speaking about the Engineer, then it's perfectly okay.)
12-30-2010 01:39 PM
Nade Whore

Pick-Up Nades:
  1. Pick up Grenade.
  2. Throw at friendly player.
  3. Watch him fly away due to knockback.

How is that any different than throwing a grenade right now? Being able to grief by picking up an enemy's grenade and chucking it at a teammate? Seems like a lot of work just to grief someone. First you gotta wait for an enemy to bless you with their presence in the first place. THEN they have to have thrown a grenade nearby where you have the opportunity to pick it up before it explodes so you could quickly pick it up and throw it back. There's hardly enough reaction time to grief someone like that.

I could see it as another way to protect a sentry gun, getting the grenades out of the range of my SG would greatly help my ability to keep the SG up.

The question is, would this apply to all grenades or just frags?
12-30-2010 05:12 PM

Hmm, when one says throw the enemies grenade at their teammate, do they mean on purpose? If so, why wouldn't you just throw your own grenade at your partner if you are that fed up.

I think it would be best if 2ndary grenades were left alone.
12-30-2010 10:33 PM
Banned

1. "Stabbing is bad."
  2. "Well, can't the person being stabbed, stab back?"
  3. "Hm, yeah. I guess stabbing people isn't bad afterall."
12-31-2010 12:04 AM

To make myself clear. Why would someone TK using the enemies grenades, when they can just TK with their own grenades? Furthermore, anyone who TKs is essentially a menace and should be banned in the first place. This idea does not encourage malevolence.
12-31-2010 03:09 AM
Banned

My point wasn't about team-killing. It was about griefing with the explosive knockback or, assuming grenades would not change team on being shot, how you could shoot an enemy grenade toward a friendly player. I also made the point that someone being lolbad at using grenades might give the enemy team ammunition for nading his teammates, which violates one of Fortress Forever's design principles.
Closed

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue