Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Projects > Fortress Forever > Feature

Alternate Friendly Fire Issue Tools
issueid=444 11-09-2014 04:26 PM
Kawaii! ルーキー
Alternate Friendly Fire
Friendly fire that is armor only or reflect damage

It would be nice to have the option to have more than only friendly fire on or off. How about friendly fire that removes armor, reflect damages or reflect armor? Is there a reason this hasn't been implemented yet?
Issue Details
Issue Type Feature
Project Fortress Forever
Category General Game
Status Suggested
Priority 5 - Medium
Suggested Version Undefined
Implemented Version (none)
Votes for this feature 2
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

11-09-2014 07:46 PM
Stuff Do-er

Reason: no reason. Armor-strip support is something I've wanted to add forever but it's just never ended up happening.
11-10-2014 09:41 PM

Good Idea Rookie

I like most rules that drive more competitive and conscious play. This rule would heighten pub skills I believe in different ways and would encourage less spam and gunfire directed at teammates ideally because you would be hindering your potential and lifespans... It would make us be more conscious in that it would be a form of friendly fire...

However the dark side to this is going to be players who are bored and want to troll others and pipe trap armor away or HW's outside of spawn just friendly firing... stripping armor... SO this would be a good rule however I believe that it would require a lot of admin supervision for it to ultimately be productive. If there is a vote kick system it would be more self governing.
11-10-2014 10:42 PM
Kawaii! ルーキー

I Agree it could cause some griefing but not anymore than normal friendly fire, I guess it's the nature of having friendly fire in general. It always needs some kind of supervision to not get abused.

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue