Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Projects > Fortress Forever > Bug

Last Disguise does not work properly after backstabbing someone while disguised Issue Tools
issueid=427 06-06-2013 09:34 PM
Nade Whore
Last Disguise does not work properly after backstabbing someone while disguised

Whenever you backstab someone while disguised, you automatically disguise as the class you killed.

If you undisguise at this point and then hit Last Disguise, it currently switches you to the class you backstabbed.

Originally, it would disguise you as the class you disguised as before the backstab.

This changed with the last patch.
Issue Details
Project Fortress Forever
Category Classes (Scout/Engineer/etc)
Status Unconfirmed
Priority 5 - Medium
Affected Version Undefined
Fixed Version (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

06-10-2013 02:56 AM
Stuff Do-er

I actually did this on purpose I believe. I asked Drak how he thought it should work and I made it do that.

Not sure which is better.
06-10-2013 06:03 AM
Nade Whore

Maybe add another option to the Radial menu for it? I definitely prefer it the old way but I could see how the other option could also be useful.
06-12-2013 06:08 PM

Well usually in a pickup u want to go engy or demoman. It's annoying after you knife the HW then last disguise as the HW and dont realize it. When I usually just spam disguise as ENGY as my last disguise
06-13-2013 02:45 PM

an option to have ti both ways perhaps. (whether its in options or in the radial menu.)
06-13-2013 05:47 PM
worst ff player eu

SD, if you always spam engy or dem as spy, just make 2 binds, one that makes you engy, one that makes you spy.

bind q "disguise red demoman"
bind r "disguise red engineer"

L:

Although, depending on what binds you already have, you'll prolly want to change the keys. For example, I use Q as the spy radial menu, MOUSE2 as silent cloak, and R as last disguise.

It'd be cool if someone added more script-ability to the scripting in the HL2 engine, sort of like Cube 2 (damn, mentioned that in almost every post on these forums for a while).

if(isDisguised==true) scloak; if(isDisguised==false&&lastDisguise~=engineer) disguise red engineer;if(isDisguised==false) disguise red demoman;

That'd disguise as a red engy or a red demoman if last disguise was engy, or if you're disguised, it'd silent cloak you, in an ideal world / FF.
06-13-2013 08:46 PM
Nade Whore

I'm not gonna make 18 different binds just to disguise what I last chose to disguise as. While only I only use a few different disguises and they are usually defensive classes, I do sometimes choose to disguise as offensive classes or even classes on my own team. It might not fool everyone but if I disguise as a team scout and get hit by an enemy soldier right when I smart cloak, they might think they just killed a scout rather than a spy who is still alive. Point is, there are plenty of scenarios where the old method of last disguise is still useful.
06-13-2013 09:32 PM
worst ff player eu

I get what you're saying, but there are situations where new last disguise is good too.

After all, if you kill the guy, he ain't gonna be in that place for a while, so keep disguising as him. :D
06-13-2013 09:35 PM
Nade Whore

Indeed, which is why both options should be available. :D

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue