Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Projects > Fortress Forever > Bug

Source TV - Extreme lag FF only Issue Tools
issueid=67 01-07-2009 04:34 PM
Source TV - Extreme lag FF only
when watching games on source tv the view will expereience lag, not caused by computer speed or internet speed.

now mind you, if you go into an empty server you might not notice this issue. but once in a game of say 3 or more people you will quickly see what i'm talking about. I know this is a problem for everyone who tries to watch matches becasue i've talked to them about it.

I think I have narrowed it down to 1 area that is responsible for this. when you display the stats for FF ingame (ping, frame rate, in , out, etc) you will notice that during a normal game when play or spectating, your 'in' will remain at about 100-300 and that is certianly playable i don't notice any lag, i think that is normal. once you go into source tv, you may not see it immidiately, but as soon as mulitple explosions or something as small as a nailgun being fired by one person, you will see the 'in' spike anywhere from 1000-7000 this making the game so slow that the next frame often doesn't appear for several seconds later, or when the action finishes.

some additional information i'd like to add, is that i've noticed when trying to play FF when my virus scan is scanning my computer, i seem to get a similar spike with the 'in' aswell, this isn't a complaint but rather suplimental information that may lead to a solution.

I'm willing to help anyone with bug testing this or trying to find a solution, becasue spectating is what i do best.

also i apoligize if i have formated anything wrong in this section.
Issue Details
Project Fortress Forever
Category General Game
Status Confirmed
Priority 4
Affected Version 2.1
Fixed Version (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 6
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

01-07-2009 04:46 PM
Banned

yeah, this is semi-high priority i feel, with the high chances for hackers in matches, id like to be able to have sourceTV and ingame demos capable of being recorded. did you guys find the problem with either yet? when can we expect this to be taken a look at?
01-08-2009 06:13 PM
Keep On Keepin' On

I agree, it would be quite nice to watch matches without having to choose a team / spec mode ever 10 - 15 seconds when the menu randomly pops up. :)
02-12-2009 01:49 AM

requesting an update on if this is getting attention, or if its even fixable. plz and thanks.
02-12-2009 02:37 AM
Community Member

Hopefully in OB this gets fixed by itself
02-18-2009 03:45 AM

1- is this viewing only on the UGC match's with the 5 minute delay?
2- did anybody try source tv with out a delay?
3- did anybody try it on a different source game with and with out a delay?

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue