Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Projects > Fortress Forever > Bug

Sentry gun damage problem Issue Tools
issueid=89 01-21-2009 11:41 PM
Sentry gun damage problem
Sentry guns do not always take damage from nails.

When an sg is shot from certain angles by nailgun, the nails seem to be getting absorbed by the sg (i.e. hitting it) but the sg does not recognize them.

As seen in this video: http://tinyurl.com/ffsgvid ***note: video is from 2.1 or 2.0 but the problem still exists.
Issue Details
Project Fortress Forever
Category Classes (Scout/Engineer/etc)
Status Unconfirmed
Priority 5 - Medium
Affected Version 2.2
Fixed Version (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 1
Users unable to reproduce bug 1
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

11-27-2009 02:16 PM
Gets tickled by FF

no idea. video is broke
11-27-2009 06:12 PM
Slayer of humans

I had something like this happen to me, I thought I was at just a bad angle and missing.

It was on congestous. The SG was up on the ledge of the cap point close to the wall but on the side where the lift is.

I was down by the lift, aiming up at it, fired the stream of nails, but it didn't even glow when I was hitting it which is the reason why I thought I missed. I moved just a couple of feet in game, and fired again hitting it no problem and it glowed the second time.
11-27-2009 06:26 PM
Gets tickled by FF

IF there is a problem then its probably just as you said and not easy to differentiate between just missing. Usually running around while firing at it anyway.
11-28-2009 07:35 AM

I've had this happen plenty. And I know it's not just missing, because I'll be wrenching my OWN gun and nails that hit dead on don't deal damage.
11-28-2009 01:05 PM
Gets tickled by FF

kk, well that's quite an issue imo.. thanks for the feedback

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue