Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Projects > Fortress Forever > Feature

viewmodel_fov command Issue Tools
issueid=139 02-28-2009 07:48 PM
FFcrab
viewmodel_fov command
This command shouldn't be cheat.

Please make command viewmodel_fov not cheat, I want to use FOV 120 with changed weapon's FOV, like I had in TFC.
Issue Details
Issue Type Feature
Project Fortress Forever
Category Visuals
Status Implemented
Priority 6
Suggested Version Undefined
Implemented Version (none)
Votes for this feature 2
Votes against this feature 4
Assigned Users Elmo
Tags (none)

02-28-2009 10:14 PM
Keep On Keepin' On
 
The command doesn't even work, tbh...
Reply
03-01-2009 12:53 AM
Official FF Medic
 
I don't think it's up to the devs what commands are considered cheats anyways.
Reply
03-01-2009 07:26 AM
FFcrab
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PartialSchism
The command doesn't even work, tbh...
So why don't you fix it?
Reply
03-01-2009 08:33 PM
FF Whiner
 
It won't get fixed because it's bull?
Reply
03-01-2009 11:20 PM
Whitest Kid You Know
 
What's the problem with viewmodel_fov? I mean, why are you guys against it?
Reply
03-02-2009 02:28 AM
[AE] 0112 Ihmhi *SJB
 
It'd be helpful if someone said what viewmodel_fov does in the first place. There's no article on the Valve Developer Wiki.

I'm guessing it changes the fov, but only related to the weapon model?
Reply
03-02-2009 04:43 AM
Official FF Medic
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihmhi
It'd be helpful if someone said what viewmodel_fov does in the first place. There's no article on the Valve Developer Wiki.

I'm guessing it changes the fov, but only related to the weapon model?
I'm guessing. It's listed here, but it doesn't explain anything except that it's flagged as a cheat. I just don't see the point in it, and if it is flagged as a cheat, I don't think the devs have much control over that.
Reply
03-02-2009 05:15 PM
Ka-boom!
 
This cvar changes viewmodel field of view. I think it's pretty obvious from the name
Reply
03-03-2009 02:14 AM
Whitest Kid You Know
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demasu
I'm guessing. It's listed here, but it doesn't explain anything except that it's flagged as a cheat. I just don't see the point in it, and if it is flagged as a cheat, I don't think the devs have much control over that.
If they don't, then how did they make cl_drawhud 0 and other HUD commands not a cheat for FF?
Reply
03-03-2009 02:32 AM
Official FF Medic
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaLeB-
If they don't, then how did they make cl_drawhud 0 and other HUD commands not a cheat for FF?
I wasn't aware those were cheats to begin with. So maybe they just don't want it to be a valid non-cheat command, I don't know.
Reply
03-03-2009 03:59 AM
FFapper
 
enabling the command and making it work properly would sure make it easier than having to edit the bone origins in the .mdl file which is what one has to do now to gain the same effect.

If anyones lookin for a rpg w/120 fov look Partial released one not to long ago.
Reply
Reply

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue

All times are GMT. The time now is 03:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.