Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Projects > Fortress Forever > Feature

Medic healing pack Issue Tools
issueid=98 01-28-2009 03:45 PM
Banned
Medic healing pack
a pack with you strap onto a player that heals them 1 hp per tick

Instead of the current idea of throwing healthkits out, I had an idea of the medic getting deployable medic packs, that the medic would strap onto a player. think like those wall mines from HL1, it would "strap to the player" idk either that or one that falls on the ground and has a healing radius like from halo 3, that grenade that you throw and it has a healing power.
Issue Details
Issue Type Feature
Project Fortress Forever
Category General Game
Status Suggested
Priority 10 - Lowest
Suggested Version Undefined
Implemented Version (none)
Votes for this feature 4
Votes against this feature 2
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

01-28-2009 11:37 PM
Banned

not a bad idea! your just a book of good ideas arent you? i dont know if it would work well, or if the devs would even consider trying it out, but keep thinking man, or woman.
01-29-2009 03:13 AM
[AE] 0112 Ihmhi *SJB

We thought of this a long time ago. Stuff like a deployable medi-dispenser, packs that stick to players, etc, guns that shoot like... goo bombs that heal people, etc.

I wish I could say it's a priority, but we have two coders? We really could use more. That's what's holding up a majority of this cool shit. ):
01-29-2009 09:22 PM
Banned

so it is already in the works/planning stages?
01-30-2009 01:43 AM

I would say it's in the master "in" pile. With only two coders ideas like this aren't being given a green or a red light. More like a yellow light.

Although, while I think it's interesting I don't exactly like it. I think the game is too fast paced for it. Whether it be a strap to player benefit or whether it be field created zone of healing. One idea attracts easy camping habits or an unfairly strong defense. The other allows for a HW to march into a base with even more health making him even harder to kill.
01-30-2009 10:14 PM
Banned

the one idea i really really like is having the medic have an aura of healing, like a small aura, that you would only benefit from by staying close to the medic. whether this works or not, it give the players an opportunity for team work. the medic in TF2 work well because both players understand. so the medic combo in TF2 works. the FF version needs to make the healing dependent on both parties not just the medic. so if there was a aura, the things said would be, "hey stick close," "lets work like a team." whether this would encourage team work any more is anyone guess.

think of perks... seperate from medic disscussion, but if there was a defensive perk like soldiers gave +10% defense to any nearby classes or whatever it might also encourage team work. you could also make it like 2%, almost as a placebo effect, just so people start working together.

idk it would definitley need more thinking on the idea, as its not well tuned or fully thought out. but it can work excellently if the mechanics are worked right.
01-31-2009 08:52 AM
QUAD ROCKET

I really like the aura idea.

What if it worked like this?

- Whenever the medic regenerates his health the aura will also regenerate teammates health of the same amount (as the regeneration process is fairly slow and teammates would have to be close enough).

- Only teammates that can run a full trace to the medic should get the aura; this way teammates in radius but on the other side of a wall will not get the aura healing.

- Teammates that already have full HP can get up to 15 bonus HP from the aura.

- If the medic is >= full HP it will make his aura work 10% faster.

- The effect the aura gives could make the other players sparkle whenever they get HP from it.
02-05-2009 07:28 AM

a medic having an aura is almost a disadvantage in my opinion encouraging people to stay close makes double kills come easy... too tee ef tuey imo

but the throwable medkits are way overpowered in my opinion when there are two or three medics on offense tossing them at each other they have more health than i can dish out damage