Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Projects > Fortress Forever > Bug

Stuck Crouching after respawn Issue Tools
issueid=128 02-18-2009 06:27 AM
Stuck Crouching after respawn

Occasionally after respawning after being killed I'll appear to be stuck in the crouching position, although my friend said that from his POV I wasn't. This has happened numerous times to me. I have to jump and then crouch to fix it. I haven't been able to figure out what seems to trigger it but it's only happened to me while playing medic.
Issue Details
Project Fortress Forever
Category General Game
Status Confirmed
Priority 7 - Med/Low
Affected Version 2.3
Fixed Version (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 2
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

02-18-2009 07:03 AM
[AE] 0112 Ihmhi *SJB

This is a bug that has been around since 1.0 basically.

If you die while holding down crouch, you'll spawn with a crouched viewpoint. You won't actually be crouched (which is why your friends can't see it), but that's what happens.

Tap crouch once to fix it.

I think we could fix this if the spawning sequence just had a -crouch added in the code, but I don't know shit about coding in Source so I could be wrong.
08-31-2009 01:36 PM

I get it even if i'm not holding crouch. I'm still trying to track the cause. I got it yesterday when i died in water, but I don't think its because of that either. It's definitely just for the medic though, which leads me to believe it might be something to do with either the medic model or something about the medics mechanics like him regenerating health.

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue