Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Projects > Fortress Forever > Feature

More logging actions for flag Issue Tools
issueid=133 02-24-2009 07:10 AM
FF Whiner
More logging actions for flag
To improve the integration with hlstatsx and FF

Greetings,

I'm running about 5 servers for FortressForever.
3 of those servers are hooked up to a stats page which is run on hlstatsx.

It has come to my admins' attention that the stats are having a nice positive affect on the amount of players on the server. There’s however a bit of negative part, as the stats also cause people to be more interested into killing each other, in order to be able to rise up in the ranks more quickly.

In order to push people more into the direction of CTF, instead of the deathmatch part they are in now, we’d like to introduce more bonus points for things with the flag.

At this moment there are actions defined as flag_touch, flag_drop, flag_throw and flag_capture (maybe more, I haven’t found them yet).

In regards to the flag_ actions I’d like to request the following log entries:
log trigger “flag_assist”: Other people get points for helping with flag carried towards the capture point (for bonus points with hlstatsx).
log trigger “flag_defend”: The person who killed the flag carrier gets an action triggered (for bonus points with hlstatsx).

That way people can be rewarded more for helping out with flag attack or defend duties on ctf maps. At the moment I’m using this plugin which does the above, but I’m wondering if it can be included in maybe the next FF release?

Any thoughts about this?
Issue Details
Issue Type Feature
Project Fortress Forever
Category General Game
Status Rejected
Priority 5 - Medium
Suggested Version 2.3
Implemented Version (none)
Votes for this feature 0
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

02-24-2009 10:55 PM
Community Member

hlstriker mention that flag_assist/defend is going to be added to HLstatsx
02-24-2009 11:22 PM
FF Whiner

It's not added to HLstatx, it's something he added to his sourcemod plugin, which can be found here. You can use the trigger actions, as they are logged like below, and put the action up in HLstatsx and award points for it.

Quote:
2/24/2009 - 00:56:08: "Rawh<5><STEAMID><#FF_TEAM_BLUE>" triggered "flag_assist" (points "933")
L 02/24/2009 - 00:57:17: "hlstriker<3><STEAMID><#FF_TEAM_BLUE>" triggered "flag_assist" (points "941")
L 02/24/2009 - 00:57:58: "Rawh<5><STEAMID><#FF_TEAM_BLUE>" triggered "flag_assist" (points "938")
L 02/24/2009 - 00:58:38: "Rawh<5><STEAMID><#FF_TEAM_BLUE>" triggered "flag_assist" (points "867")

I was just wondering if we should have this plugin installed for it or if the dev could include it's logging into FF itself.
02-24-2009 11:28 PM
Community Member

is going to* not yet :)
02-24-2009 11:41 PM
FF Whiner

fair enough :)
08-31-2009 07:05 PM

Quote:
log trigger “flag_assist”: Other people get points for helping with flag carried towards the capture point (for bonus points with hlstatsx).
I've deliberately left this off, because it can be calculated with the existing information. Every flag touch is logged with co-ordinates of the flag when it was touched. This information can be used to work out who moved the flag the most.

Quote:
log trigger “flag_defend”: The person who killed the flag carrier gets an action triggered (for bonus points with hlstatsx).
Again, you know who has the flag so you can calculate this without needing extra information in the log file.

P.S. you can even go to the lengths of handing out fortress points to different people through running a custom .lua if you like.

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue