Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Projects > Fortress Forever > Feature

Secondary HW attack. Issue Tools
issueid=71 01-09-2009 05:18 AM
Banned
Secondary HW attack.
instead of high RoF, the opposite.

I was thinking maybe as a secondary attack, have a low RoF, that acts almost like a cannon that does high damage.

something like half the original rate of fire, give it a increased cone of fire, so it takes a bit of skill.maybe even some recoil. this I would hope make the HW more dynamic rather than point and click.

if you fix the primary attack to where it isnt a newb cannon like it is now in pubs, this secondary attack can prove a skill someone has to aquire. hopefully coming to a compromise between Pub HW and league HW effectiveness.
Issue Details
Issue Type Feature
Project Fortress Forever
Category Classes (Scout/Engineer/etc)
Status Rejected
Priority Unknown
Suggested Version Undefined
Implemented Version (none)
Votes for this feature 1
Votes against this feature 4
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

01-09-2009 11:18 AM
Banned

Mouse1 should be a low rate of fire, with increased accuracy for medium range. Mouse2 should be a high rate of fire, with decreased accuracy for close range. No long range, as the heavy is .. not a sniper. Both firing modes should drop off before reaching 'long range'.
01-09-2009 04:01 PM

Secondary Fire suggestion: Sets down a morton cannon that only he can use and he can't move while he has it out, but sends off explosive charges like the demo's.

Scuzzy
01-09-2009 07:29 PM
Banned

that sounds a bit too involved tho, so your saying a deployable?
01-09-2009 08:00 PM
mimic- 3k. leisure^BtU

I think they should fix the HW before adding new features...
01-09-2009 08:21 PM
Banned

well this would be involved as a fix to the hw, get it? :)
01-09-2009 08:41 PM
mimic- 3k. leisure^BtU

Not really HW has been messed up since 1.1, so I think there focus would be on fixing it, THEN they could add something cause if they try and add something and fix it, its either going to be WAY overpowered or super nerfed, as is the FF way
01-09-2009 09:31 PM
Banned

In what way is the HW guy messed up? The guy can take four rockets to the feet and a few shotguns to the face by a soldier before dying. In addition, he can snipe across yards (a example of this in action is on waterpolo) with no problem.
01-09-2009 10:32 PM
Banned

the fact he is very easy to use, and very strong, in the hands of a skilled player, becomes way too strong for public players. most people in pubs do not like 2.1 heavy because it has a very strong attack. so weaken the primary attack and give it a stronger secondary attack that takes practice to master. it makes it a class that takes skill to play sucessfully, and at the same time is fun enough for pub players to use and not feel like its too powerful and not feel like its too weak.

i know a lot of people hate the 2.1 heavy... a lot of people complain about it hehe.
01-10-2009 04:38 AM
Stupid Idea Mill

The problem is he's firing individual shots instead of the low-damage-high-density shotgun blasts he had in TFC. Switch him over a system where each "shot" is actually something like 5-7 shotlets but alltogether do the same damage and you'll have him balanced because at range he'll just pepper you a bit but up close he'll still destroy you and inbetween he'll be a threat but only if he can control his spread.
01-10-2009 02:08 PM

Guys, if you believe something is broken with the HW the only way you're going to get it addressed by the development team is to outline how it's a bug.

If you have more then one idea on the HW, make additional HW feature requests... this one pretty much focuses on the HW secondary attack possibilities. If you believe his damage is wrong, make a feature request. The feature system isn't the place for moving off on large tangents in threads about different things.
01-11-2009 02:45 AM
FF Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim_
Not really HW has been messed up since 1.1, so I think there focus would be on fixing it, THEN they could add something cause if they try and add something and fix it, its either going to be WAY overpowered or super nerfed, as is the FF way
2.2 mainly.

Anyway, the HW's secondary attack should be one of two things:

1. An anti-air disabler.

2. The ability to hold down and spin a-la TF2.
01-17-2009 12:22 AM
Pub Allstar!

I vote for spinup.
01-17-2009 01:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoXideAtWork
I vote for spinup.
thats pointless tho, the rev time is .5 seconds
01-17-2009 02:01 AM
IRL Combat Medic

.5 seconds is a lot when it comes to a fortress game.

And this kind of upgrade + close quarters settings (a la 2fort or Shutdown2 main ramp) = super heavy.
01-17-2009 12:07 PM
FF Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuk3m
thats pointless tho, the rev time is .5 seconds
There's more to it than just that. You retain your spin, so you can just click your mouse and start firing instantly. The draw back is that you can't move very fast while spinning. It removes the need to click at a certain rate and puts more focus on the heavy actually doing what he's supposed to be doing.
01-19-2009 08:58 AM
FF Whiner

Whats wrong with just pressing the fire button (mouse1) with a delay, to keep it spinned up? You just all want it on the easy mode :(
01-19-2009 03:26 PM
FF Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawh
Whats wrong with just pressing the fire button (mouse1) with a delay, to keep it spinned up? You just all want it on the easy mode :(
It's got nothing to do with easy mode. The speed of the game and the spin up times don't match that well, even with 2.2 settings.

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue