Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Projects > Fortress Forever > Feature

NEW Revolutionary Grenade for the Spy Issue Tools
issueid=388 05-27-2012 04:04 PM
Nade Whore
NEW Revolutionary Grenade for the Spy
This is awesome!

Ok, so some people didn't quite like the gas grenade, and I can see why. It made the game just a bit more annoying and no one likes annoyances in a game. The effectiveness of the grenade was such that it was like walking into a cloud of wet fart, and it had to be removed from the game.

I propose a NEW idea.

The ALL NEW Totally-not-stolen-from-TFC Hallucination Pill Grenade!

This grenade was arguably one of the coolest and most best grenades in TFC, and I believe it should be reintroduced into Fortress Forever so this game can be much more awesomer.

Imagine, for a second, you are some stupid class like Soldier and, you are hit by this noxious mustard-yellow gas and all of a sudden, you start seeing shit like you are on a bad acid trip (zE knows what I'm talking about).

As fake grenades and bullets pass you by, you also see trails of fake would-be cloaked spies and have no choice but to kill them, but your RPG has now become your shotgun and the rest of your weapons seem to need reloading or are also switched around. It's difficult to tell how much health you have, well because you are seeing shit and you can't even tell if this is even real life.

As the poison intensifies, you start hearing shit too, like Bully in the background screaming OMFG A TYRANNOSAURUS REX! At which point, you shit yourself, wishing you had somebody to hold right now, and then and only then do the effects of this crazy fucking grenade go away and things turn back to normal.

This idea is amazing and if you don't like it, then you can go to hell and die.
Issue Details
Issue Type Feature
Project Fortress Forever
Category Classes (Scout/Engineer/etc)
Status Suggested
Priority 1 - Highest
Suggested Version Undefined
Implemented Version (none)
Votes for this feature 4
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

05-28-2012 11:01 AM
WhenNailGrenWillOut?

05-28-2012 06:53 PM

05-28-2012 07:20 PM

i believe it could work but i have my doubts. (imagine how annoying this would get.) but also most importantly the spy does need a replacement nade really bad.
05-29-2012 01:53 AM
The Crowbar Commander

lol, a step in the wrong direction. this is the original gas grenade from tfc. he just wants it back w/ tfc's implimentations. I agree.
05-29-2012 05:14 AM

If you can get Bully to do the voice over for OMFG A TYRANNOSAURUS REX!!! Then I fully support this.
06-30-2012 10:41 PM
crystaLcity

i also support this idea!
06-30-2012 11:59 PM

+1 for hamsters and nukes.
07-10-2012 08:48 PM

Well in QTf, there was no damage,but there was still Hallucinations, so to equal things out, they should do the same thing.
07-17-2012 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDA_Approved
If you can get Bully to do the voice over for OMFG A TYRANNOSAURUS REX!!! Then I fully support this.
I'll do it if caltrops, mirvs and nail grens come back :P
07-17-2012 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bully
I'll do it if caltrops, mirvs and nail grens come back :P
No to the caltrops, mirvs and nails are ok.

But as consolation, if you do it, the spy can have gas grenades. So you're really getting gas, mirvs, and nails.
07-17-2012 09:13 PM

Unfortunately kiddo it aint our decision.

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue